Subject: [sidr] RFC 6486 on Manifests for the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 17:17:19 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6486

        Title:      Manifests for the Resource Public 
                    Key Infrastructure (RPKI) 
        Author:     R. Austein, G. Huston,
                    S. Kent, M. Lepinski
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 42913
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-manifests-16.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6486.txt

This document defines a "manifest" for use in the Resource Public Key
Infrastructure (RPKI).  A manifest is a signed object (file) that
contains a listing of all the signed objects (files) in the
repository publication point (directory) associated with an authority
responsible for publishing in the repository.  For each certificate,
Certificate Revocation List (CRL), or other type of signed objects
issued by the authority that are published at this repository
publication point, the manifest contains both the name of the file
containing the object and a hash of the file content.  Manifests are
intended to enable a relying party (RP) to detect certain forms of
attacks against a repository.  Specifically, if an RP checks a
manifest's contents against the signed objects retrieved from a
repository publication point, then the RP can detect "stale" (valid)
data and deletion of signed objects.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC