Subject: [sidr] RFC 6482 on A Profile for Route Origin Authorizations (ROAs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 17:16:35 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6482

        Title:      A Profile for Route Origin 
                    Authorizations (ROAs) 
        Author:     M. Lepinski, S. Kent,
                    D. Kong
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 15745
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-roa-format-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6482.txt

This document defines a standard profile for Route Origin
Authorizations (ROAs).  A ROA is a digitally signed object that
provides a means of verifying that an IP address block holder has
authorized an Autonomous System (AS) to originate routes to one or
more prefixes within the address block.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC