Subject: [sidr] RFC 6493 on The Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) Ghostbusters Record

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 17:21:45 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6493

        Title:      The Resource Public Key Infrastructure 
                    (RPKI) Ghostbusters Record 
        Author:     R. Bush
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 15491
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-ghostbusters-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6493.txt

In the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI), resource
certificates completely obscure names or any other information that
might be useful for contacting responsible parties to deal with
issues of certificate expiration, maintenance, roll-overs,
compromises, etc.  This document describes the RPKI Ghostbusters
Record containing human contact information that may be verified
(indirectly) by a Certification Authority (CA) certificate.  The data
in the record are those of a severely profiled vCard.  [STANDARDS-
TRACK]

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC