Subject: [sidr] RFC 6492 on A Protocol for Provisioning Resource Certificates

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 17:21:33 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6492

        Title:      A Protocol for Provisioning Resource 
                    Certificates 
        Author:     G. Huston, R. Loomans,
                    B. Ellacott, R. Austein
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      32
        Characters: 65896
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-rescerts-provisioning-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6492.txt

This document defines a framework for certificate management
interactions between an Internet Number Resource issuer ("issuer")
and an Internet Number Resource recipient ("subject") through the
specification of a protocol for interaction between the two parties.
The protocol supports the transmission of requests from the subject,
and corresponding responses from the issuer encompassing the actions
of certificate issuance, certificate revocation, and certificate
status information reports.  This protocol is intended to be limited
to the application of Internet Number Resource Certificate management
and is not intended to be used as part of a more general certificate
management framework.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC