Subject: [sidr] RFC 6483 on Validation of Route Origination Using the Resource Certificate Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) and Route Origin Authorizations (ROAs)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 17:16:47 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6483

        Title:      Validation of Route Origination Using 
                    the Resource Certificate Public Key Infrastructure 
                    (PKI) and Route Origin Authorizations (ROAs) 
        Author:     G. Huston, G. Michaelson
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 19811
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-roa-validation-10.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6483.txt

This document defines the semantics of a Route Origin Authorization
(ROA) in terms of the context of an application of the Resource
Public Key Infrastructure to validate the origination of routes
advertised in the Border Gateway Protocol.  This document is not 
an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC