Subject: [sidr] RFC 6480 on An Infrastructure to Support Secure Internet Routing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 17:16:03 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6480

        Title:      An Infrastructure to Support Secure 
                    Internet Routing 
        Author:     M. Lepinski, S. Kent
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 62127
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-arch-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6480.txt

This document describes an architecture for an infrastructure to
support improved security of Internet routing.  The foundation of this
architecture is a Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) that
represents the allocation hierarchy of IP address space and
Autonomous System (AS) numbers; and a distributed repository system
for storing and disseminating the data objects that comprise the
RPKI, as well as other signed objects necessary for improved routing
security.  As an initial application of this architecture, the
document describes how a legitimate holder of IP address space can
explicitly and verifiably authorize one or more ASes to originate
routes to that address space.  Such verifiable authorizations could be
used, for example, to more securely construct BGP route filters.  
This document is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is
published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Wes Hardaker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2012 07:31:16 -0800

>>>>> On Fri,  3 Feb 2012 17:16:03 -0800 (PST), [email-masked] said:

r> A [^h MANY] new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.
        
r> RFC 6480
r> RFC 6481
r> RFC 6482
r> RFC 6483
r> RFC 6484 (BCP173)
r> RFC 6485
r> RFC 6486
r> RFC 6487
r> RFC 6488
r> RFC 6488 (BCP174)
r> RFC6490
r> RFC6491
r> RFC6492
r> RFC6493

That's certainly a nice long accomplishment list!  Congratulations to
all that have put in the time and effort to make that list happen!

-- 
Wes Hardaker                                     
My Pictures:  http://capturedonearth.com/
My Thoughts:  http://pontifications.hardakers.net/