Subject: [sidr] BCP 173, RFC 6484 on Certificate Policy (CP) for the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 17:16:58 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 173        
        RFC 6484

        Title:      Certificate Policy (CP) for the 
                    Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) 
        Author:     S. Kent, D. Kong,
                    K. Seo, R. Watro
        Status:     Best Current Practice
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 77855
        See Also:   BCP0173

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-cp-17.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6484.txt

This document describes the certificate policy for a Public Key
Infrastructure (PKI) used to support attestations about Internet
Number Resource (INR) holdings.  Each organization that distributes
IP addresses or Autonomous System (AS) numbers to an organization
will, in parallel, issue a (public key) certificate reflecting this
distribution.  These certificates will enable verification that the
resources indicated in the certificate have been distributed to the
holder of the associated private key and that this organization is
the current, unique holder of these resources.  This memo documents 
an Internet Best Current Practice.

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

BCP: This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for 
improvements. Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC