Subject: Re: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs-01.txt

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 08:23:19 -0400

Sean,
This document seems settled, should we WGLC this in the near future?

-chris
<cochair>

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 1:21 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.
>
>        Title           : BGP Algorithms, Key Formats, & Signature Formats
>        Author(s)       : Sean Turner
>        Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs-01.txt
>        Pages           : 7
>        Date            : 2011-12-05
>
>   This document specifies the algorithms, algorithms' parameters,
>   asymmetric key formats, asymmetric key size and signature format used
>   in BGPSEC (Border Gateway Protocol Security).  This document updates
>   the Profile for Algorithms and Key Sizes for use in the Resource
>   Public Key Infrastructure (draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-algs).
>
>
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs-01.txt
>
> Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/
>
> This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs-01.txt
>
> _______________________________________________
> sidr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 15:44:04 +0200

Chris,

I think this draft should probably go in a cluster.  There are normative 
references to draft-sidr-bgpsec-pki-profiles and 
draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol.  However, you could WGLC this draft 
because unless you're planning on changing the alg (ECDSA) there's 
really no dependencies on the other drafts.  In other words, if you 
change bgpsec or the cert profile to add/remove fields them really 
doesn't affect this draft.  It could then just wait on the protocol to 
go forward in a sensible cluster.

There's two tweaks I'd do before a WGLC and barring any other changes:

1. s3: r/The RSA key pairs/The key pairs

I'd do this because RSA might not be the alg used in the RPKI later. 
It's helping to future proof this draft.

2. s11.1: Update references to [ID.sidr-res-cert-profile] and 
[ID.sidr-rpki-algs] to the appropriate RFC #s.

Why don't I go ahead and post a new version to fix these two points and 
then you & Sandy can decide whether to start the WGLC button.

spt

On 3/28/12 2:23 PM, Christopher Morrow wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 1:21 PM,<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>>
>>         Title           : BGP Algorithms, Key Formats,&  Signature Formats
>>         Author(s)       : Sean Turner