Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-publication-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 13:53:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A Publication Protocol for the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI)
	Author(s)       : Samuel Weiler
                          Anuja Sonalker
                          Rob Austein
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-publication-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   This document defines a protocol for publishing Resource Public Key
   Infrastructure (RPKI) objects.  Even though the RPKI will have many
   participants issuing certificates and creating other objects, it is
   operationally useful to consolidate the publication of those objects.
   This document provides the protocol for doing so.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-publication-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-publication-02.txt

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 08:57:19 -0400

Draft Author Ship Steerers,
This we didn't chat about at the meeting(s), but are there outstanding
bits/pieces or should this be sent along for WGLC in the near future?

-Chris
<cochair>

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> sidr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:29:10 +0200

> bits/pieces or should this be sent along for WGLC in the near future?

Not ready yet.  A few year's experience of using this protocol
suggests the need for an additional message type, to let the RPKI
engine monitor what the publication server has on file for it.  We've
seen a few cases where, for whatever reason (bug, system crash, ...)
the two can get out of sync, and while it's theoretically possible for
the RPKI engine to determine what's in the publication repository by
fetching as if it were a relying party, it'd probably be easier just
to let the RPKI engine ask the publication server directly.