Subject: [sidr] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dickson-sidr-route-leak-solns-01.txt

From: Brian Dickson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 19:33:54 -0500

Greetings, SIDR folk,

Here is the "route leak solutions" ID, which builds on the two sibling
documents (and depends on them heavily).

I encourage anyone interested in the route leak problem, to read them in
order: def, reqts, solns.

Questions, comments, and other feedback are encouraged.

Thanks,
Brian

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 7:23 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-dickson-sidr-route-leak-solns-01.txt
To: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-dickson-sidr-route-leak-solns-01.txt has been
successfully submitted by Brian Dickson and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-dickson-sidr-route-leak-solns
Revision:        01
Title:           Route Leaks -- Proposed Solutions
Creation date:   2012-03-06
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 7

Abstract:
  The Border Gateway Protocol, version 4, (BGP4) provides the means to
  advertise reachability for IP prefixes.  This reachability
  information is propagated in a peer-to-peer topology.  Sometimes
  routes are announced to peers for which the local peering policy does
  not permit.  And sometimes routes are propagated indiscriminantly,
  once they have been accepted.

  This document considers the situations that can lead to routes being
  leaked, and tries to find acceptable definitions for describing these
  scenarios.

  The purpose of these definitions is to facilitate discussion on what
  a route leak is, and what the scope of the problem space for route
  leaks is.  This, in turn, is intended to inform a requirements
  document for detection of (and prevention of) route leaks.  And
  finally, the definitions and requirements are intended to allow
  proposed solutions which meet these criteria, and to facilitate
  evaluation of proposed solutions.

  The fundamental objective is to &quot;solve the route leaks problem&quot;.

The IETF Secretariat