Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-pfx-validate-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 17:07:09 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : BGP Prefix Origin Validation
	Author(s)       : Pradosh Mohapatra
                          John Scudder
                          David Ward
                          Randy Bush
                          Rob Austein
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-pfx-validate-05.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-04-16

   To help reduce well-known threats against BGP including prefix mis-
   announcing and monkey-in-the-middle attacks, one of the security
   requirements is the ability to validate the origination AS of BGP
   routes.  More specifically, one needs to validate that the AS number
   claiming to originate an address prefix (as derived from the AS_PATH
   attribute of the BGP route) is in fact authorized by the prefix
   holder to do so.  This document describes a simple validation
   mechanism to partially satisfy this requirement.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-pfx-validate-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sidr-pfx-validate-05.txt