Subject: [sidr] [INTERIM MEETING 6/6] Agenda update

From: Chris Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 13:15:17 -0400

The 6/6/2012 (6/6/2012 for the EU folks or Jun 6 2012) meeting agenda
looks like:

  * aspath not present - implications?
    - scudder's notes at previous meeting
      perhaps not all the bugs worked out/considerations made
      (not just tools, re-figuring the aspath on entrance/exit,
       are there other places where aspath is used/required?
       confeds is one example?)
    - rbush's noted method to deal with this in confeds

  * rekeying processes/procedures/implications
    - two drafts (roque + randy)
      one focused on router side key management (onboarding/etc)
      one focused on overall key change process (including
        rpki/routers/etc)

  * performance measurement bounds
    - andree/tim's interest in this
      publication point sizing and operations/sla requirements
    - what parts of the system get metric'd and why are those important?
    - sriram - sizing requirements for routers in defined roles in the
      network.

Note that we have only ~5hrs for the meeting so we may have to
stack-rank the above into the items we really WANT to get through first.

also, this is available (and will be updated at):
  <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac/wiki/InterimMeeting20120606>

-chris
(co-chair 1 of 3)

[0]: wiki -> http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac/wiki/WikiStart

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 16:09:07 -0400

An astute reader notes that the original message:
  <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/sidr/current/msg04563.html>

(additionally, until a moment ago the wiki doc for the meeting had
this text copied/pasted into it...)

Had the original timing data (full-day), the space and other
constraints dictate that the meeting will actually be 1300-1800 PDT.

-chris

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 1:15 PM, Chris Morrow <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> sidr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 08:05:12 +0900

>     - rbush's noted method to deal with this in confeds

i am not sure i would clump all of this under aspath, but what the heck.

can we please add shane's aliasing issue and hopefully this time we can
make it clear in the minutes?

also, the pfx-validate authors are currently polling eachother to ask
for wglc on that doc, and it may be worth putting on the agenda so folk
at the meeting can whack us appropriately.

also, new revs of origin-ops and bgpsec-ops are out.  folk may wish to
comment.

on all those docs, i do not think a 'presentation' is warranted.  if
folk have not read them, that is their problem and does not warrant the
comic book edition being presented to waste the time of those who have
done their homework.  of course, presentations to clarify important and
complex issues would be useful, if there are such.

randy

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 20:15:12 -0400

> make it clear in the minutes?

sure thing, your name is there purely for placeholder... with the
example that you thought you'd already worked through properly on-list
+ in-room.

> at the meeting can whack us appropriately.

sure, keep in mind we have only 5 hrs.

> also, new revs of origin-ops and bgpsec-ops are out.  folk may wish to

list comments seem great for that, at least for starters.

> complex issues would be useful, if there are such.

sure.