Subject: [sidr] rpstir-0.4 released

From: David Mandelberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:11:57 -0400

BBN's RPKI relying party software, rpstir, version 0.4 is now available
at http://sourceforge.net/projects/rpstir/.

Major changes include:

 * Significant improvements to processing and validation of RPKI objects
in conformance with specifications. See below for tests used to improve
conformance to the specifications.

 * Conformance test cases for various specifications. These are also
available at rsync://rpki.bbn.com/conformance/. See
rsync://rpki.bbn.com/conformance/README for more information.

 * Better resistance to denial of service attacks through manifest file
lists (e.g. paths with "../") and an improved algorithm for matching
large lists of ROA prefixes against EE certificate prefixes.

Smaller changes:

 * Performance tuning for rsync.

 * Remove dependency on python-netaddr and improve performance where
python-netaddr used to be used.

 * Fix build and tests on NetBSD.

 * Fix compiling/linking with pthreads on some platforms.

 * More tests can be run under valgrind.

 * Various bug and compiler warning fixes.