Subject: [sidr] reminder of details for tomorrow

From: "Murphy, Sandra" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 00:19:27 +0000

A reminder of information for the interim meeting scheduled for tomorrow.

The wiki page is
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/sidr/trac/wiki/InterimMeeting20120606

Note that the wiki page is updated with new info.

(Almost) all the following is copied from the updated wiki page.

The webex session telecon info copied from the wiki page is:

Event number: 644 985 813 Event password: nanoginterim
Topic: NanogInterim?
Event address for attendees:  https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/onstage/g.php?d=644985813&t=a
or  https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=644985813 
Call-in: +1-408-600-3600 pin: 644 985 813 

The location info copied from the wiki page is:

Room 1600, Canfor Policy Room
Simon Fraser University (SFU) at Harbour Centre
515 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, British Columbia V6B 5K3 

Here's a map and walking directions from the nanog venue:

 http://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=The+Westin+Bayshore,+Vancouver,+1601+Bayshore+Drive,+Vancouver,+BC&daddr=Harbour+Centre,+515+West+Hastings+Street,+Vancouver,+BC&hl=en&ll=49.288537,-123.120046&spn=0.011057,0.023818&sll=49.288415,-123.12006&sspn=0.011057,0.023818&geocode=FUEj8AId-DKp-CF_t2V8c69urw%3BFaYG8AIdqHap-CE7vcYNXM1_lw&dirflg=w&mra=ltm&t=m&z=16

Our kind host provides the following hint:

Look for this building:  https://www.google.ca/search?sugexp=chrome,mod%3D19&q=harbour%20centre&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=64LOT_XCBsXY2QXtjI2-DA&biw=1377&bih=707&sei=7YLOT6LLNqLE2gXMzfDgDA 

The agenda copied from the wiki page is:

The (draft) agenda is a half day meeting(1300-1800):

1300-1500 aspath not present - implications?
1500-1700 rekeying processes/procedures/implications
1700-1800 performance measurement bounds

Plan for interaction, copied from wiki page:

Remote participation will be done via:

    webex (slides/conf-call-voice)
    jabber  [email-masked] (remote-hand-raise + questions + slide sync)
    jabber  [email-masked] (live meeting notes)

The tools team was able to provide us a second jabber room but not an etherpad in the (volunteer) time available.  (The jabber room gives remote participants the ability to scroll back, where webex shared desktop does not.)

If I missed anything, please send message to list.

--Sandy, speaking as regular ol' wg member

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 18:04:42 -0700

the more critical information is that revolver coffee is a couple of
blocks further east at 325 cambie at hastings.  opens at 08:00.

---

From: Chris Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 10:10:09 -0400

One last update (I hope), we managed to get the tools folk to turn up an
etherpad 'pad' for us to use in note taking as well:
  <http://grenache.tools.ietf.org:9001/p/notes-interim-2012-sidr-3>

So I hope we can take notes there, and simply copy/paste that into the
official notes-page thingy.

-chris

---

From: Samuel Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 13:06:06 -0400 (EDT)

For remote participants: tests with WebEx this morning revealed 
serious audio bridge problems.  It's moderately likely that an 
alternate audio bridge will be in use.  Check the wiki and jabber for 
details.

For on-site participants:

Use the dedicated Simon Fraser University entrance -- as you walk 
along Hastings from the Westin, pass the main Harbour Center entrance. 
The SFU entrance is on the left.  A cab from the Westin will cost 
~CDN$7.

We are in the Canfor Policy Room (#1600) on the ground level.  Pass
the guard booth, turn left, and look for us on the right.

We have access to two different wireless networks, one with IPv6. 
Both appear to work adequately: no filtering of SSH, jabber, common 
VPN stuff, etc.  Access credentials will be available on-site.  There 
is also eduroam access.  We have a single wired link which will likely 
be reserved for the WebEx machine but can be plugged into an access 
point if needed.

Here are netalyzer reports:
SSID: BCNETv6Demo 1
http://n3.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=ae81b058-1486-af3d7950-4438-42e0-94ff
~20Mbps bidirectional, with working v6

SSID: SFUNET
http://n1.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=43ca253f-21380-9d2efded-66ae-4687-a834
~20Mbps bidirectional

Wired:
http://n3.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=ae81b058-1489-791fc034-f720-4779-8233
~80 Mbps down, 35 up

Many thanks to the local hosts for providing early access to the 
facility.

-- Sam