Subject: [sidr] IETF Technology Terminology and Protocol Implications

From: Abdussalam Baryun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 14:02:54 +0200

Dear Sir or Madam,

I suggest for terminology-documents in WGs to consider the security
terms that are related to WG, and terms implication for security
considerations. Security consideration section as required by RFC2223
(section-9), which can be used to define things. For example the
approach was used in RFC2119 and in the I-D [AB].

Regarding RFCs that specify protocols, I suggest they mention in the
security consideration section additionally to the protocol security
implication also the related works of security WGs in IETF. This will
build interaction between WGs and will help the readers and users.

What do you think? please advise or comment, thanking you,

References:
[RFC2223] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2223.txt
[RFC2119] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2119.txt
[AB] http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-baryun-manet-terminology-00.txt

Yours Faithfully,

Abdussalam Baryun
University of Glamorgan, UK

*****************************************************************************
This email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient
and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please
delete it from your system and notify the sender. The contents are comply
to the IETF regulations, and WG procedures. You should not copy the
email nor use it for any other purpose, nor disclose, nor distribute its
contents to any other person.
*****************************************************************************