Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-ltamgmt-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 18:37:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Local Trust Anchor Management for the Resource Public Key Infrastructure
	Author(s)       : Stephen Kent
                          Mark Reynolds
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-ltamgmt-00.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2010-02-24

Abstract:
This document describes a facility to enable a relying party (RP) to
manage trust anchors (TAs) in the context of the Resource Public Key
Infrastructure (RPKI). It is common to allow an RP to import TA
material in the form of self-signed certificates. The facility
described in this document allows an RP to impose constraints on such
TAs. Because this mechanism is designed to operate in the RPKI
context, the relevant constraints are the RFC 3779 extensions that
bind address spaces and/or autonomous system (AS) numbers to
entities. The primary motivation for this facility is to enable an RP
to ensure that resource allocation information that it has acquired
via some trusted channel is not overridden by the information
acquired from the RPKI repository system or by the putative TAs that
the RP imports. Specifically, the mechanism allows an RP to specify a
set of bindings between public key identifiers and RFC 3779 extension
data and will override any conflicting bindings expressed via the
putative TAs and the certificates downloaded from the RPKI repository
system. Although this mechanism is designed for local use by an RP,
an entity that is accorded administrative control over a set of RPs
may use this mechanism to convey its view of the RPKI to a set of RPs
within its jurisdiction. The means by which this latter use case is
effected is outside the scope of this document.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-ltamgmt

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-ltamgmt-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/