Subject: Re: [sidr] Requesting a SIDR review of draft-ietf-idr-as-private-reservation-02.txt

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 21:43:39 -0500

Reposting with time of 2 weeks (1/4/2013).

Alexey, Sandy, and Chris: 

We request that the SIDR WG review
draft-ietf-idr-as-private-reservation-02.txt?
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-as-private-reservation/)

Since it modifies RFC 1930, a BCP, it is likely to be a BCP. 

Here's a few questions we'd like answered: 

1.     Is SIDR concerned about the expansion of the Private Use ASN into the
4-byte AS space?  

2.     Will the 4-byte Private USE ASNs impact any of the prefix-AS bindings
you wish to track? 

3.     Will this Private USE space ASNs impact any AS_PATH security work you
are doing? 

We welcome any comments regarding the security issue for BGP in this draft
by 1/4/2013. 

This draft has had substantial IDR debate which is (of course) online.

Thank you, 

John and Sue