Subject: [sidr] Requesting a SIDR review of draft-ietf-idr-as-private-reservation-02.txt

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 17:34:08 -0500

Alexey, Sandy, and Chris: 

We request that the SIDR WG review
draft-ietf-idr-as-private-reservation-02.txt?
(http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-as-private-reservation/)

Since it modifies RFC 1930, a BCP, it is likely to be a BCP. 

Here's a few questions we'd like answered: 

1.     Is SIDR concerned about the expansion of the Private Use ASN into the
4-byte AS space?  

2.     Will the 4-byte Private USE ASNs impact any of the prefix-AS bindings
you wish to track? 

3.     Will this Private USE space ASNs impact any AS_PATH security work you
are doing? 

We welcome any comments regarding the security issue for BGP in this draft. 

This draft has had substantial IDR debate which is (of course) online.

Thank you, 

John and Sue

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 22:52:28 -0500

my personal take, for the little it is worth is that, from the pov of
the sidr work, it is no different from the private ASs already in play.

randy