Subject: [sidr] Stephen Farrell's No Objection on draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup-06: (with COMMENT)

From: "Stephen Farrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 15:37:19 -0800

Stephen Farrell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

- abstract: would it be better to replace "agreeable secure
means" here with "agreeable means that provides acceptable
data integrity and authentication" ? Just a suggestion.

- all examples: the xmlns attribute value gets me a 404.  (I
mean for "http://www.hactrn.net/uris/rpki/rpki-setup/") While
that's ok since we don't want folks to de-reference that at
run-time, it might be better if it returned the schema or
something useful. And would https be even better there?  (Not
sure, been a while since I've xml'd;-)

- examples would be better with Figure numbers and brief
captions.

- 5.2.1: Do we really want references to mathematical deities
in examples? Real keys would be better, but that said, I do
like the whimsical content of those I decoded;-) 

- As it happens I disagree with Alissa's discuss.  This seems
clear enough to me, same as any sneakernet protocol.