Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol-22.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 15:11:19 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing of the IETF.

        Title           : BGPsec Protocol Specification
        Authors         : Matthew Lepinski
                          Kotikalapudi Sriram
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol-22.txt
	Pages           : 44
	Date            : 2017-01-16

Abstract:
   This document describes BGPsec, an extension to the Border Gateway
   Protocol (BGP) that provides security for the path of autonomous
   systems (ASes) through which a BGP update message passes.  BGPsec is
   implemented via an optional non-transitive BGP path attribute that
   carries digital signatures produced by each autonomous system that
   propagates the update message.  The digital signatures provide
   confidence that every AS on the path of ASes listed in the update
   message has explicitly authorized the advertisement of the route.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol-22

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol-22

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Sriram, Kotikalapudi (Fed)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 00:50:18 +0000

This revision addresses the comments from the IESG reviewers,
and also the comments from Keyur (RTGDIR review) and 
Alvaro (some new comments in the context of Keyur’s comments). 
It also addresses comments from Oliver and Randy (mainly
suggestions for making Sections 4.3 and 7 a bit crisper and more clear).

I noticed that Stephen cleared his Discuss points 
after seeing this revision, and he has updated his position to Yes.
Thank you, Stephen.

I had responded earlier to comments from 
Mirja, Alissa, Suresh, Alexey, Ben, and Spencer.  
This revision incorporates changes based on their comments
as outlined in my responses to them on the WG list.

Thank you all for greatly helping steer this document towards
better clarity, accuracy, and presentation.
Please let me know if I have missed responding to any 
of your comments.

Sriram

________________________________________
From: sidr <[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2017 6:11 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol-22.txt

Abstract: