Subject: [sidr] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-sidr-publication-10: (with COMMENT)

From: "Mirja Kuehlewind" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2017 05:29:51 -0800

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sidr-publication-10: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-publication/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

My only question is why this is a sidr wg doc? This seems like a general
mechanism that cannot only be used in the routing infrastructure. Has
this doc been at least reviewed by other wgs?

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 19:19:00 -0500

At Mon, 16 Jan 2017 05:29:51 -0800, Mirja Kuehlewind wrote:
...

It was written to solve a specific problem in in the RPKI protocol
suite (it was actually written outside of the IETF, but was brought
into the SIDR WG a long time ago).  It's been around for years.  No
idea if anybody outside the SIDR WG read it before IETF Last Call.

With respect, I don't think this constitutes grounds for delaying this
document.  Since you made this a COMMENT rather than a DISCUSS I will
assume you agree unless you tell me otherwise. :)