Subject: [sidr] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sidr-publication-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 05:37:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing of the IETF.

        Title           : A Publication Protocol for the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI)
        Authors         : Samuel Weiler
                          Anuja Sonalker
                          Rob Austein
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sidr-publication-10.txt
	Pages           : 20
	Date            : 2017-01-10

Abstract:
   This document defines a protocol for publishing Resource Public Key
   Infrastructure (RPKI) objects.  Even though the RPKI will have many
   participants issuing certificates and creating other objects, it is
   operationally useful to consolidate the publication of those objects.
   Even in cases where a certificate issuer runs their own publication
   repository, it can be useful to run the certificate engine itself on
   a different machine from the publication repository.  This document
   defines a protocol which addresses these needs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-publication/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidr-publication-10

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sidr-publication-10

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 08:54:37 -0500

Updated in response to IETF Last Call comments.

Text additions here were a bit more extensive than I would normally
consider during last call, but SECDIR reviewer correctly pointed out
that there were some gaps in the background material which made it
difficult for someone who hasn't been following this for years to
understand where this protocol fits in the RPKI ecology, so the
Introduction got both some new text and a nice piece of ASCII art
(the latter kindly contributed by Randy, thanks!).

No protocol changes, just somewhat expanded explanation and fixes for
a few minor omissions (eg, "hash" attributes specified as hexadecimal
in the schema but not in the text, oops).