Subject: [sidr] Review of draft-ietf-sidr-publication-09

From: Peter Yee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2017 23:20:54 -0800

Reviewer: Peter Yee
Review result: Ready with Nits

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-sidr-publication-09
Reviewer: Peter Yee
Review Date: 2017-01-06
IETF LC End Date: 2017-01-06
IESG Telechat date: 2017-01-19

Summary: This specification defines a protocol for handling objects in
an RPKI repository.   The document seems fairly straightforward and
simple to understand.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments: 

Page 5, Section 2.2, last paragraph, last sentence: perhaps change
"are permitted to" to "MAY"?

Page 7, Section 2.6, 1st paragraph: change "RelaxNG" to "RELAX NG".
(Hey, I had to look it up.)

Page 14, Section 4, 1st paragraph after rsync enumation: "safely" is
used but no subsequent mention is made of what is unsafe about the
non-overlapping rsync directories.  Is the reader expected to know
something about rsync's safety?  Nothing in the Security
Considerations deals with this topic.

Page 16, Section 6, 3rd paragraph, 2nd sentence: insert "private"
before "keys".  Insert "to" before "delete".

Page 17, Section 7: it might be good to include references to: XML,
RelaxNG, and maybe rsync (yeah, I know that one is a little tough).