Subject: [sidr] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis-08: (with COMMENT)

From: "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 01:55:48 -0800

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-rtr-rfc6810-bis/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for a well written document.

I share Mirja's concern about versioning, her concern is related to my
comment below.

Regarding obsoleting the original RFC: I am Ok with not doing that if
both are going to be used at the same time, but I would like to hear from
the WG whether this is the case.

I have one small issue I would like to discuss:

In section 7: what are the conditions for bumping the version number to
2? I think the document is missing some criteria for what would require a
version change.