Subject: [sidr] Protocol Action: 'BGPSec Considerations for AS Migration' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sidr-as-migration-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2017 09:19:15 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'BGPSec Considerations for AS Migration'
  (draft-ietf-sidr-as-migration-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-as-migration/

Technical Summary

   This draft discusses considerations and methods for supporting and
   securing a common method for AS-Migration within the BGPSec protocol.

Working Group Summary

  There was considerable discussion about this document in both SIDR and IDR working groups.

Document Quality

   There are no implementations of the mechanisms, but this document (along 
   with the base BGPSec specification) has been reviewed by vendors and
   operators.  The document addresses the need to secure a common  
   AS-migration set of mechanisms used in networks today.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Chris Morrow
  AD: Alvaro Retana

RFC Editor Note

This document should be published alongside draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol and draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-ops so that they have consecutive RFC numbers in the following order:

draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol
draft-ietf-sidr-as-migration
draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-ops