Subject: [sidr] RFC 8097 on BGP Prefix Origin Validation State Extended Community

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 21:25:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8097

        Title:      BGP Prefix Origin Validation State 
                    Extended Community 
        Author:     P. Mohapatra, 
                    K. Patel,
                    J. Scudder, 
                    D. Ward,
                    R. Bush
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 12287
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-origin-validation-signaling-11.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8097

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8097

This document defines a new BGP opaque extended community to carry
the origination Autonomous System (AS) validation state inside an
autonomous system.  Internal BGP (IBGP) speakers that receive this
validation state can configure local policies that allow it to
influence their decision process.

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC