Subject: [sidr] Protocol Action: 'A Publication Protocol for the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sidr-publication-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 12:21:49 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'A Publication Protocol for the Resource Public Key Infrastructure
   (RPKI)'
  (draft-ietf-sidr-publication-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-publication/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a protocol for publishing Resource Public Key
   Infrastructure (RPKI) objects.  Even though the RPKI will have many
   participants issuing certificates and creating other objects, it is
   operationally useful to consolidate the publication of those objects.
   This document provides the protocol for doing so.

Working Group Summary

    Good discussion in the WG list and meetings.  Nothing specific worth
    noting.

Document Quality

   There are two implementations of the publication protocol.

Personnel

   Shepherd: Chris Morrow
   AD: Alvaro Retana