Subject: [sidr] Protocol Action: 'BGPsec Algorithms, Key Formats, & Signature Formats' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 08:36:02 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'BGPsec Algorithms, Key Formats, & Signature Formats'
  (draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs-17.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-algs/

Technical Summary

   This document specifies the algorithms, algorithm parameters,
   asymmetric key formats, asymmetric key size and signature format used
   in BGPsec (Border Gateway Protocol Security).  This document updates
   the Profile for Algorithms and Key Sizes for Use in the Resource
   Public Key Infrastructure (RFC 7935).

Working Group Summary

  This document has had consistent interest from the working group.
  The document passed wglc and then waited for publication until 
  the BGPsec protocol was mature.  

Document Quality

  There is one known implementation of the generation of certificates 
  that use the algorithm and key format defined in this draft.  There are 
  two known implementations of BGPsec that use the algorithms defined
  in this draft.  All are open source implementations.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Sandra Murphy
  Responsible Area Director: Alvaro Retana

RFC Editor Note

This document is part of a group being considered by the IESG that normatively depend on draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol; all documents are titled draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-*.  Please make sure that draft-ietf-sidr-bgpsec-protocol has the lowest RFC number -- no consecutive numbers are needed in this case.