Subject: [sidr] RFC 8181 on A Publication Protocol for the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 14:30:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8181

        Title:      A Publication Protocol for the 
                    Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) 
        Author:     S. Weiler,
                    A. Sonalker,
                    R. Austein
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      21
        Characters: 38546
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-publication-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8181

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8181

This document defines a protocol for publishing Resource Public Key
Infrastructure (RPKI) objects.  Even though the RPKI will have many
participants issuing certificates and creating other objects, it is
operationally useful to consolidate the publication of those objects.
Even in cases where a certificate issuer runs its own publication
repository, it can be useful to run the certificate engine itself on
a different machine from the publication repository.  This document
defines a protocol which addresses these needs.

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC