Subject: [sidr] RFC 8183 on An Out-of-Band Setup Protocol for Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) Production Services

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2017 14:30:34 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8183

        Title:      An Out-of-Band Setup Protocol for 
                    Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) 
                    Production Services 
        Author:     R. Austein
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 46747
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-sidr-rpki-oob-setup-09.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8183

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8183

This note describes a simple out-of-band protocol to ease setup of
the Resource Public Key Infrastructure (RPKI) provisioning and
publication protocols between two parties.  The protocol is encoded
in a small number of XML messages, which can be passed back and forth
by any mutually agreeable means which provides acceptable data
integrity and authentication.

This setup protocol is not part of the provisioning or publication
protocol; rather, it is intended to simplify configuration of these
protocols by setting up relationships and exchanging keying material
used to authenticate those relationships.

This document is a product of the Secure Inter-Domain Routing Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC