Subject: [sidr] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC6487 (5191)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 06:28:20 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6487,
"A Profile for X.509 PKIX Resource Certificates".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5191

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>

Section: 8

Original Text
-------------
            (The issuing CA may wish to be able to extract the database
            key or subscriber ID from the commonName.  Since only the
            issuing CA would need to be able to parse the commonName,
            the database key and the source of entropy (e.g., a UUID)
            could be separated in any way that the CA wants, as long as
            it conforms to the rules for PrintableString.  The separator

Huston, et al.               Standards Track                   [Page 21]

RFC 6487              Resource Certificate Profile         February 2012

            could be a space character, parenthesis, hyphen, slash,
            question mark, etc.

Corrected Text
--------------
            (The issuing CA may wish to be able to extract the database
            key or subscriber ID from the commonName.  Since only the
            issuing CA would need to be able to parse the commonName,
            the database key and the source of entropy (e.g., a UUID)
            could be separated in any way that the CA wants, as long as
            it conforms to the rules for PrintableString.  The separator

Huston, et al.               Standards Track                   [Page 21]

RFC 6487              Resource Certificate Profile         February 2012

            could be a space character, parenthesis, hyphen, slash,
            question mark, etc).

Notes
-----
The closing parenthesis is missing.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6487 (draft-ietf-sidr-res-certs-22)
--------------------------------------
Title               : A Profile for X.509 PKIX Resource Certificates
Publication Date    : February 2012
Author(s)           : G. Huston, G. Michaelson, R. Loomans
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Secure Inter-Domain Routing
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 10:09:53 -0500

seems legit.

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 9:28 AM, RFC Errata System <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> sidr mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr
>

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 15:23:20 -0500

Yep, but mark it HFDU (Hold For Document Update).

spt

> On Nov 28, 2017, at 10:09, Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> seems legit.
> 
> On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 9:28 AM, RFC Errata System <[email-masked]> wrote: