Subject: [sidr] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC6480 (5196)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2017 14:33:36 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC6480, "An Infrastructure to Support Secure Internet Routing". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5196

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Technical

Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2017-12-05
Held by: Alvaro Retana (IESG)

Section: 6

Original Text
-------------
      3. For each manifest, verify that certificates and CRLs issued
         under the corresponding CA certificate match the hash values
         contained in the manifest.  Additionally, verify that no
         certificate or manifest listed on the manifest is missing from
         the repository.  If the hash values do not match, or if any
         certificate or CRL is missing, notify the appropriate
         repository administrator that the repository data has been
         corrupted.

Corrected Text
--------------
      3. For each manifest, verify that certificates and CRLs issued
         under the corresponding CA certificate match the hash values
         contained in the manifest.  Additionally, verify that no
         certificate or CRL listed on the manifest is missing from
         the repository.  If the hash values do not match, or if any
         certificate or CRL is missing, notify the appropriate
         repository administrator that the repository data has been
         corrupted.

Notes
-----
On the fourth line: it should read "certificate or CRL" instead of "certificate or manifest".

--------------------------------------
RFC6480 (draft-ietf-sidr-arch-13)
--------------------------------------
Title               : An Infrastructure to Support Secure Internet Routing
Publication Date    : February 2012
Author(s)           : M. Lepinski, S. Kent
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Secure Inter-Domain Routing
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2017 14:36:43 -0800

while you are at it, data are plural

---

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2017 16:43:31 -0600

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/data

According to that, using “data” with a singular verb is ok…as is the plural
construction.

But English is not my first language, so feel free to file a report. ;-)

Thanks!

Alvaro.