Subject: [sidr] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC6487 (5191)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2017 13:31:32 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC6487, "A Profile for X.509 PKIX Resource Certificates". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5191

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2017-11-28
Held by: Alvaro Retana (IESG)

Section: 8

Original Text
-------------
            (The issuing CA may wish to be able to extract the database
            key or subscriber ID from the commonName.  Since only the
            issuing CA would need to be able to parse the commonName,
            the database key and the source of entropy (e.g., a UUID)
            could be separated in any way that the CA wants, as long as
            it conforms to the rules for PrintableString.  The separator

Huston, et al.               Standards Track                   [Page 21]

RFC 6487              Resource Certificate Profile         February 2012

            could be a space character, parenthesis, hyphen, slash,
            question mark, etc.

Corrected Text
--------------
            (The issuing CA may wish to be able to extract the database
            key or subscriber ID from the commonName.  Since only the
            issuing CA would need to be able to parse the commonName,
            the database key and the source of entropy (e.g., a UUID)
            could be separated in any way that the CA wants, as long as
            it conforms to the rules for PrintableString.  The separator

Huston, et al.               Standards Track                   [Page 21]

RFC 6487              Resource Certificate Profile         February 2012

            could be a space character, parenthesis, hyphen, slash,
            question mark, etc).

Notes
-----
The closing parenthesis is missing.

--------------------------------------
RFC6487 (draft-ietf-sidr-res-certs-22)
--------------------------------------
Title               : A Profile for X.509 PKIX Resource Certificates
Publication Date    : February 2012
Author(s)           : G. Huston, G. Michaelson, R. Loomans
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Secure Inter-Domain Routing
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG