Subject: Re: [Sidrops] [sidr] WGLC - draft-ietf-sidr-lta-use-cases-07 - ENDS 04/21/2017 (April 21 2017)

From: Steve KENT <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 00:26:30 +0000

Chris,

Sorry for the belated reply; I've been on vacations.

I don't see a current version  of this doc at either the SIDR or SIDROPS doc lists. However, I suspect my comments on the previous versions of the doc still apply; it is written like a fable, not an RFC/ It's lack of clear, descriptive examples potentially confusing for readers. I provided extensive feedback to the author, almost all of which has been ignored.

Steve

________________________________
From: sidr <[email-masked]> on behalf of Chris Morrow <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, March 31, 2017 11:46:52 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [sidr] WGLC - draft-ietf-sidr-lta-use-cases-07 - ENDS 04/21/2017 (April 21 2017)

howdy Sidr/SidrOps folks,
I believe the draft:

  draft-ietf-sidr-lta-use-cases-07

has been prepared for publication, and we must decide as WGs that this
is the case. As a reminder this is one of several drafts started in
SIDR which was moved to SIDROPS, so this is really a 'SIDROPS WGLC',
but there are still interested parties on SIDR's mailing list, so the
call is going to both groups.

Document Abstract:
  "There are a number of critical circumstances where a localized
   routing domain needs to augment or modify its view of the Global
   RPKI.  This document attempts to outline a few of them."

Please review the 5 short pages of text, send along
updates/comments/complaints/'terrific work!' notes to this thread, so
the authors can be aprised and we can plan to send this document in
the proper direction.

Thanks!
-chris morrow
co-chair

_______________________________________________
sidr mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidr

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 10:23:44 +0900

> I don't see a current version  of this doc at either the SIDR or
> SIDROPS doc lists.

uh, perhaps you mean the i-d repo?  i am still waiting instructions from
the wg chairs as to under which name/wg to refresh it.

randy

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 22:27:16 -0400

> the wg chairs as to under which name/wg to refresh it.
oops! sorry, I had thought I said: "sidrops pls"

I think the doc is an ops document, not a protocol document.

> Sidrops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidrops
>

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 11:40:51 +0900

> oops! sorry, I had thought I said: "sidrops pls"

pushed