Subject: [Sidrops] Discussion && WGLC call for: draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-tree-validation

From: Chris Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 11:14:00 -0400

Working group folks:

The Authors of draft: draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-tree-validation

With Abstract:
  "This document describes the approach to validate the content of the
   RPKI certificate tree, as used by the RIPE NCC RPKI Validator.  This
   approach is independent of a particular object retrieval mechanism.
   This allows it to be used with repositories available over the rsync
   protocol, the RPKI Repository Delta Protocol, and repositories that
   use a mix of both."

Would like to move their documentation about their process
forward. This document does not describe protocol bits nor global
operational work, it describes how the RIPE systems operate, and has
links to their code and such for future followup/replication/etc.

This seems like a reasonable goal, met by the document, so moving
forward to WGLC seems appropriate at this time. Let's give the
document a read, and ack/nack forward motion in the next 3 weeks time
(giving 1wk extra for ietf meeting work to happen). This means,
decisions should arrive on/about:
  8/8/2017

-chris
co-chair-sidrops

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 19:09:14 +0200

have read.  ship it already.

randy

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2017 14:29:34 +0200

Read it.  Portions of it were helpful to me when rewriting my own
implementation to add support for RRDP.  Useful.  Does not need to
become more general, just describing what RIPE did is fine.

Ship it.