Subject: [Sidrops] FW: NCCoE Secure Inter-Domain Routing Project - request for industry input.

From: "Montgomery, Douglas (Fed)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 17:22:44 +0000

There wasn’t time on the agenda to discuss this in sidrops this week,
but I wanted to share the note below here (previously sent to the
nanog list).

While the page below will say that the public comment period on the
proposed project has passed, we still seek input from the industry,
mainly in the form of key specific technical questions or issues
(deployment scenarios, robustness, responsiveness, interoperability)
that should be investigated / demonstrated.

I have spoke to some of you individually about this, but we solicit
input from everyone.

Comments can be sent to [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> or me and I will relay.

Thanks
dougm
======================

The National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE) requests community
input on a proposed project entitled: Secure Inter-Domain Routing, Part 1:
Route-Hijacks.

https://nccoe.nist.gov/projects/building-blocks/secure-inter-domain-routing

The objective of the project is to examine and demonstrate the state of
the RPKI and BGP Origin Validation technologies in realistic scenarios and
to address identified concerns with their deployment and use (e.g.,
security, robustness, responsiveness, management / monitoring, multi-vendor
inter-operation).

This request is for industry input on the the proposed project plan.  In
particular we seek input from both network operators and enterprises on
practical questions, issues and barriers to adoption and suggestions for
how these could be addressed in the project.

Please see the link above for email address for submitting comments and
how you can join a community of interest for the project.

*The intention is not to have the discussion here on the airdrops list.*

Thanks
dougm
--
Doug Montgomery, Mgr Internet & Scalable Systems Research at NIST/ITL/ANTD