Subject: [Sidrops] Tree validation document - or rather RIPE NCC RPKI Validator 2.23

From: Tim Bruijnzeels <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2017 20:50:17 +0200

Dear working group,

I asked for some agenda time to talk about the tree validation document:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-tree-validation-00

Despite the rather generic title, this document is really an informational description of how the RIPE NCC RPKI Validator 2.23 is implemented. And as such Oleg and I would really like to call this document done. We would like to publish this as an IETF document if possible - to provide transparency - but if the process is too heavy weight, then we can also just publish it with our code directly. We would like to reach a decision on this after discussing in Prague, but of course feel free to speak your mind before then :)

Kind regards

Tim Bruijnzeels

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2017 22:07:12 +0200

> Despite the rather generic title, this document is really an
> informational description of how the RIPE NCC RPKI Validator 2.23 is
> implemented.

there is a long history of pubishing rfcs of the form

   how <vendor> implements <phoux>

this is just another.  so the wg chairs would just wglc it.  if folk
know you did not really implement it that way, then the document will
need to be fixed.  if folk think you should have implemented it
differently, then you politely say thanks and we move along.

ship this sucker.  though, as you point out, the title could be more
explicit.

randy