Subject: [Sidrops] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sidrops-bgpsec-rollover-02.txt> (BGPsec Router Certificate Rollover) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 17:00:24 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the SIDR Operations WG (sidrops) to
consider the following document: - 'BGPsec Router Certificate Rollover'
  <draft-ietf-sidrops-bgpsec-rollover-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-10-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Certificate Authorities (CAs) managing CA certificates and End-Entity
   (EE) certificates within the Resource Public Key Infrastructure
   (RPKI) will also manage BGPsec router certificates.  But the rollover
   of CA and EE certificates BGPsec router certificates have additional
   considerations for Normal and emergency rollover processes.  The
   rollover must be carefully managed in order to synchronize
   distribution of router public keys and BGPsec routers creating BGPsec
   Update messages verified with those router public keys.  This
   document provides general recommendations for the rollover process,
   as well as describing reasons why the rollover of BGPsec router
   certificates might be necessary.  When this rollover process is
   followed the rollover should be accomplished without routing
   information being lost.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-bgpsec-rollover/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sidrops-bgpsec-rollover/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.