Subject: [Sidrops] WGLC - draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-tree-validation - ENDS 12/4/2017 (dec 4)

From: Chris Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 13:36:47 +1100

Howdy SidrOps folks,

Please consider this the WGLC for:
  draft-ietf-sidrops-rpki-tree-validation

Abstract included:

 "This document describes the approach to validate the content of the
  RPKI certificate tree, as it is implemented in the RIPE NCC RPKI
  Validator.  This approach is independent of a particular object
  retrieval mechanism.  This allows it to be used with repositories
  available over the rsync protocol, the RPKI Repository Delta
  Protocol, and repositories that use a mix of both."

I believe this is IETF week, plus a travel week, so the WGLC is 3wks
long instead of the normal 2wks. Please read/review/comment on the
document so the authors can adjust as necessary.

-chris
co-chair-person

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 16:08:21 +0800

have read.  it documents an implementaion; so i have not formally
verified that the document and the implementation are in exact
correspondence.  but i support publicaiton.

randy

---

From: Rob Austein <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 16:46:03 +0800

I found an earlier version of this draft useful while rewriting my RP
code to support RRDP.  My own implementation ended up differing from
RIPE's in many ways, but having an outline of how they did it as a
reference helped me think about options that might not have occurred
to me otherwise, and provided a useful checklist.

Support publication.

---

From: Di Ma <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 17:17:26 +0800

I have read this document many times~

I think experiences from RIPE RPKI validator, as one of the RP implementation pioneers, is worth sharing with the routing community.

I support publication of this document.

Di

> 在 2017年11月13日，10:36，Chris Morrow <[email-masked]> 写道：
> 
> Howdy SidrOps folks,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Sidrops mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sidrops