Subject: [Simple] multiple subscribe

From: "" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 12:52:24 +0100

hi, 
i've the following problem:

what happened
if a watcher send a SUBSCRIBE request to the PA (for example: PA1),
and after, when the previous SUBSCRIBE request hasn't been terminated,
the watcher send another SUBSCRIBE request (not refresh, with diffent
call-id and relative tags) to the same PA?

is it possible that, in this situation, the PA discard the second 
request or the first?
_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: "Ngo, Dai (c)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:04:35 +0000

Different call-id establishes a different dialog. You will end up with two
subscriptions.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 5:52 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Simple] multiple subscribe

hi, 

what happened

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:10:04 -0500

> Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 6:52 AM

Two separate subscriptions are created.

> is it possible that, in this situation, the PA discard the second 

No. The PA would not correlate them together; they are separate
subscriptions. There are frequently good reasons for having two separate
subscriptions from the same user (different apps on behalf of the same user,
for example).

-Jonathan R.
---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com
_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple