Subject: [Simple] I-D ACTION:draft-mankin-im-session-guide-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 06:59:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Guidelines for Instant Message Sessions
	Author(s)	: A. Mankin, J. Peterson
	Filename	: draft-mankin-im-session-guide-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 20-Nov-01
	
This document recommends a set of guidelines for session-based
instant messaging, focusing particularly on security properties, the
selection of transport protocols and the effects of network
intermediaries.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mankin-im-session-guide-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mankin-im-session-guide-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mankin-im-session-guide-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Peterson, Jon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:19:22 -0600

Just to briefly introduce this draft to the group, (Transport Area Director)
Allison Mankin and I have prepared a few comments on the selection of a
transport protocol for instant messaging, and some consequences of the
introduction of intermediaries to IM streams, which are presented in this
document. 

Also note that Allison has offered to give a presentation on these issues
during the SIMPLE session in SLC next month.

Jon Peterson
NeuStar, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 3:59 AM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Simple] I-D ACTION:draft-mankin-im-session-guide-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:

Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:19:23 -0600