Subject: [Simple] updates to presence and watcherinfo drafts

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 19:13:52 -0400

Folks,

I've just submitted updates to the presence and two watcherinfo drafts.
Until they appear in the archives, you can pick them up at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-simple-winfo-package-02.txt
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-simple-winfo-format-02.txt
http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-ietf-simple-presence-07.txt

All three reflect comments received during WGLC. The changes are:

presence
--------

* removed textual and reference dependencies on draft-ietf-sip-privacy,
since this draft is now defunct. The spec now talks generally about
using any future extensions for network asserted identity.

* changed "presence client" to "edge presence agent"

* removed section on firewall and nat traversal; the draft referenced
(draft-ietf-sip-nat) has an uncertain future, and in any case, this spec
is not the place for discussion of these issues.

* added contributors section

watcherinfo-package
-------------------

* updated the text on constructing a complete view of watcherinfo
state from partial notifies. This takes into account the new
partial/full state flag, and the document-wide versioning instead of
per-watcher versioning from -01. Moved this into the watcherinfo
document format.

* Removed sending watcherinfo subscriptions on the same dialog as the
original subscription. There is no need for this; the original
subscription will deliver state in the Subscription-State header of
the notifies. Thus, there is no need for special case behavior.

* beefed up security considerations

* additional text on usage of state agents and forking

* added IANA registration of the winfo event template.

watcherinfo format
------------------

* changed first-subscribed to duration-subscribed, to avoid the need
for clock synchronization.

* added the ID and version attributes

* clarified that the URI in the watcher element is an AOR.

* Removed duration attribution from watcher element, per IETF 53.

* converted to schema

* changed resource element to watcher-list, and the uri attribute to
the resource attribute.

* added a display-name attribute to the watcher element, and made the
value of the watcher element a URI

* added MIME type registration for application/watcherinfo+xml

* added a state=full or partial attribute, to determine whether the
watcherinfo document contains full state or an update.

* added text on generation of the document, and using the document to
generate coherent watcherinfo.

I believe all three docs are complete and correct.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com
_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple