Subject: [Simple] I-D on IM transport proposal

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 21:59:27 -0400

Folks,

I have just submitted an I-D that describes in detail the proposal for
the IM session model which I hinted at (or is it hand-waved at) during
IETF 53. The proposal uses the loose route capabilities of SIP to avoid
the problems we had with the original usage of MESSAGE. Until the draft
appears in the archives, you can pick up a copy at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-rosenberg-simple-message-session-00.txt

I sincerely apologize for the delay in getting this out. Part of the
reason is that this intermediary issue is really broader than the IM
session model, and so I also wrote a separate I-D that describes a
proposal on how to address the bigger issue. Until that one appears, you
can pick it up at:

http://www.jdrosen.net/papers/draft-rosenberg-sipping-session-policy-00.txt

These are written so as to be decoupled, i.e., the message session
proposal does not use the ideas in the session-policy draft, but it
references it and discusses the issues that motivated it.

I must also, according to the policies of rfc2026, inform the group that
I believe dynamicsoft may have IPR associated with these drafts. Yet,
fear not. It is being made available under our "its free if you don't
bug us" policy, which you can find described at
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/IPR/DYNAMICSOFT-SIP-UNIFY.txt.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com
_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple