Subject: Re: [Simple] draft-ietf-simple-presence-06 WGLC comments

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 17:46:48 -0400

sorry for the delay.... 

Sriram Parameswar wrote:
> 
> Hi All,
> 
> The draft looks good. My comments/questions are as follows:
> 
> *       Section 4 - "In fact, behavior of the presence agent for handing
> a SUBSCRIBE with Expires of zero is no different than for any other
> expiration value; all SUBSCRIBE requests result in a triggered NOTIFY
> with the current presentity and subscription state". My question is on a
> presence 'fetch' - what happens if a SUBSCRIBE is not authorized so the
> first NOTIFY contains either 'bogus' presence information or no body -
> if an automaton then performs an authorization (using some mechanism)
> and sends another NOTIFY with actual presence information - is this
> valid?

It wouldn't, since the subscription expired. What will happen in this
case is that the initial NOTIFY indicates a state of pending on the
subscription, and a bogus presence (probably pending). When the
authorization is provided, there is no NOTIFY. Next time the fetch is
made, the authorization is there. That is why watcherinfo has this
waiting state, so that the presentity can authorize fetches long after
the subscription has expired.

> Either way (valid or not valid) it would be good to have a line
> of clarification on how Presence fetches in the un-authorized case are
> handled.

The point is not to specify specific handling for the expires=0 case...

> *       RFC 2119 key words (MUST, SHOULD etc.) lack a space after them
> in sections - 7.2, 9.2, 9.5.

Fixed.

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.            72 Eagle Rock Avenue
Chief Scientist                         First Floor
dynamicsoft                             East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                 FAX: (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                  PH:  (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com
_______________________________________________
simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.dynamicsoft.com/mailman/listinfo/simple