Subject: [Simple] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-simple-presence-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 07:21:09 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Extensions for 
                          Presence
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg
	Filename	: draft-ietf-simple-presence-07.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 21-May-02
	
This document describes the usage of the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP) for subscriptions and notifications of user presence. User
presence is defined as the willingness and ability of a user to
communicate with other users on the network. Historically, presence
has been limited to 'on-line' and 'off-line' indicators; the notion
of presence here is broader. Subscriptions and notifications of user
presence are supported by defining an event package within the
general SIP event notification framework. This protocol is also
compliant with the Common Presence and Instant Messaging (CPIM)
framework.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-presence-07.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-simple-presence-07.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-presence-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.