Subject: [Simple] Presence Event Package..Amount of State to be Conveyed..

From: 황 호영 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 18:49:56 +0900

Hi, I have a question to you about presence event package.

----------------
In RFC3265..
4.3. Amount of State to be Conveyed
There are two possible solutions to this problem that event packages
may choose to implement.(Complete State Information / State Deltas)

Then.. what is the choice of presence event package?
------------------------
In RFC3856
However, packages are mandated to provide detailed information on
when to send a NOTIFY, how to compute the state of the resource, how
to generate neutral or fake state information, and whether state
information is complete or partial.  This section describes those
details for the presence event package.IN RFC3856

Where? There is no description about amount of state (complete or partial).

Please let me know..
Hi, I have a question to you about presence event package.

----------------

In RFC3265..

4.3. Amount of State to be Conveyed

There are two possible solutions to this problem that event packages

may choose to implement.(Complete State Information / State Deltas)

Then.. what is the choice of presence event package?

------------------------

In RFC3856

However, packages are mandated to provide detailed information on

when to send a NOTIFY, how to compute the state of the resource, how

to generate neutral or fake state information, and whether state

information is complete or partial.  This section describes those

details for the presence event package.IN RFC3856

Where? There is no description about amount of state (complete or partial).

Please let me know..

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 2:16 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Simple Digest, Vol 9, Issue 31

Send Simple mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Simple digest..."

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Hisham Khartabil <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:25:48 +0100

It is complete state information.

Other work in progress internet drafts are trying to tackle the partial  
notification problem:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-partial-notify 
-03.txt

Regards,
Hisham