Subject: [Simple] presence-rules: Selecting on class

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 08:17:51 -0600

There is a piece of functionality missing from presence-rules that
(I think) we were expecting to have.

A presentity needs to be able to expose tuples based on the class
the presentity assigned to it (this was a primary motivator of the class
element if I understand it correctly, allowing me to group elements to
expose to my family vs those I expose to my co-workers). Currently,
there's no way to make that kind of transformation with a presence-rule.

Jonathan and I discussed this briefly - the idea that came out was to
add one or more <class> elements  to <provide-services> that would
only provide those services matching one of the stated classes.

Thoughts?

I suspect we need this for <person> and <device> too?

RjS

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple