Subject: [Simple] Re: draft-ietf-simple-event-list-07

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2005 11:04:03 -0500

One nit on this document:

Section 4.1:

    Sending of "Supported: eventlist" in a NOTIFY message is meaningless
    and silly.  Implementations SHOULD NOT include "Supported: eventlist"
    in any requests except for SUBSCRIBE.

This seems a bit harsh. Currently the rules for when to send Supported 
are very fuzzy. But ideally there should be some standard approach, 
rather than having to decide on an option-by-option *and* 
message-by-message basis whether a particular option tag should be 
declared. In any case the above seems to say that the supported: 
eventlist not be included in OPTIONS, which is clearly wrong.

Pending the development of some standard guidance on this subject, I 
think it would be sufficient to replace the above with:

    Sending of "Supported: eventlist" in a NOTIFY message is meaningless
    and unnecessary.

	Paul

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple