Subject: Re: [Simple] Report with a body

From: ZhangYing <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 14:08:06 +0800

Hi Arie
   
   I think you can get the clarification from the section 7.1.2 of draft-ietf draft-ietf-simple-message-sessions-19.And I attached the key context in the following.

   REPORT requests will normally not include a body, as the REPORT
   request header fields can carry sufficient information in most cases.
   However, REPORT requests MAY include a body containing additional
   information about the status of the associated SEND request.  Such a
   body is informational only, and the sender of the REPORT request
   SHOULD NOT assume that the recipient pays any attention to the body.
   REPORT requests are not interruptible.

Ying Zhang

  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Arie Reches 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 3:02 PM
  Subject: [Simple] Report with a body

  Hi,

              In section 4.1.2 of draft-ietf-simple-message-sessions-19 mentioned that a REPORT message may include a body.

              The problem is that the Byte-Range header of the REPORT message is relating SEND message.

              Can you give an example of REPORT message with Body.

              The example for report message without a body is:

                 MSRP dkei38sd REPORT

     To-Path: msrp://alicepc.example.com:7777/iau39soe2843z;tcp

     From-Path: msrp://bob.example.com:8888/9di4eae923wzd;tcp

     Message-ID: 12339sdqwer

     Byte-Range: 1-106/106

     Status: 000 200 OK

     -------dkei38sd$

              How the same report with a body shall be formatted?

  Arie

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  _______________________________________________
  Simple mailing list
  [email-masked]
  https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple