Subject: [Simple] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-simple-view-sharing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:45:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Optimizing Federated Presence with View Sharing
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, S. Donovan, K. McMurry
	Filename	: draft-ietf-simple-view-sharing-00.txt
	Pages		: 30
	Date		: 2008-2-21
	
Presence federation refers to the exchange of presence information
   between systems.  One of the primary challenges in presence
   federation is scale.  With a large number of watchers in one domain
   obtaining presence for many presentities in another, the amount of
   notification traffic is large.  This document describes an extension
   to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) event framework, called view
   sharing.  View sharing can substantially reduce the amount of
   traffic, but requires a certain level of trust between domains.  View
   sharing allows the amount of presence traffic between domains to
   achieve the theoretical lower bound on information exchange in any
   presence system.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-view-sharing-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-simple-view-sharing-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple