Subject: [Simple] Updated intra-domain federation draft

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:02:09 -0400

I've just submitted an update to the intra-domain federation spec:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-simple-intradomain-federation-01.txt

Some major updates:

* added IM, which introduced an IM-specific consideration called
   'conversation consistency' - seeing a consistent view of IM
   conversations both past and present. Introducing IM also changed the
   definition of unioned federation; ownership of registration state in
   multiple places is now the key property for defining IM unioned
   federation

* added additional considerations in the exclusive model for routing -
   in particular database change notifications

* removed open issue around subdomaining as a fourth model - really no
   need to add.

* added another model for policy in unioned federation - usage of a
   centralized PDP

plus many minor fixes.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   499 Thornall St.
Cisco Fellow                                   Edison, NJ 08837
Cisco, Voice Technology Group
[email-masked]
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (408) 902-3084
http://www.cisco.com
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple