Subject: [Simple] ietf-simple-interdomain-scaling-analysis-04

From: Victoria Beltrán Martínez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2008 20:48:15 +0200

Hello,

I have some comments about this draft which I would like to discuss:

1- In page 10, the description of C14 variable could lead to confusion 
saing “(per each contact)” since a multipart boundary is also used for 
the resource list.

2- In page 11, When S03 variable is calculated and dialog optimization 
is applied, the multipart boundary of the resource list is missing. The 
most correct is (C06*C04)*((S01*(C09+C11+C13+C14+C15+C14))+(S02*C10))

3- In page 12, when the T07 variable is calculated and dialog 
optimization is used, it is assumed that only a single presentity is 
changed. But, In my opinion, considering presence changes in terminating 
notifies does not make sense since the NOTIFY message is sent in 
response to a terminating SUBSCRIBE. RFC 4662 makes no difference which 
presentities have changed their state when the RLS sends a terminating 
NOTIFY. This RFC only specifies that the terminating NOTIFY should be 
full-state as well as the initial NOTIFY. So, I think that T07 variable 
should be calculated by 
(T03*C06*(C09+C14+C15))+(T03*C06*C04*(C11+C13+C14)) in the case of 
dialog optimization.

4- The total number and bytes of messages in section 2.4 is calculated 
assuming presence documents of 3000 bytes. However, the next section 2.5 
uses presence documents of 350 bytes. If the aim is to compare the case 
No optimizations with the Dialog optimization case, the same document 
size should be used. If we assume a size of 3000 bytes for Dialog 
optimization, it generates more bytes than the No optimizations case does.

Regards,
Victoria

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple