Subject: [Simple] [SIMPLE - WG] [MSRP and MSRP relays rfc 4975 and 4976] - Small questions about these protocols.

From: "Joao Antunes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 17:21:34 +0100

Hi!

I have some small questions about those protocols, which i don't seem to
find an answer in the RFCs, i apologize beforehand if I overlooked
something, and please, if i did overlooked point me to the rfc chapter or
even just the rfc if you would be so kind.

Going right to it:

"When an endpoint that sent a SEND request receives a failure REPORT
indicating that a particular byte range was not received, it MUST
treat the session as failed. If it wishes to recover, it MUST first
re-negotiate the URIs at the signaling level then resend that range
of bytes of the message on the resulting new session."

- How does the message receiver knows that the SEND has failed in the case
that the REPORT was sent by a relay?
- How does the message receiver (the receiver of the SEND request) knows
when to discard the message?Is it assumed that if anything goes wrong the
sender will try to resume the sending of a message?

Thanks in advance,
João Antunes
_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple