Subject: [Simple] SIP/SIMPLE-XMPP Developer Workshop 2008

From: Daniel-Constantin Mierla <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:40:29 +0300

Hello,

for those interested in SIP/SIMPLE - XMPP
interoperability, there is going to be a workshop in Paris for
developers in the first week of September.

Detailed description of the event follows.

Best regards,
Daniel

SIMPLE-XMPP Developer Workshop 2008

SIP/SIMPLE and XMPP share a lot of concepts but they are different in
many aspects. Being nowadays the leading open protocols for voice,
video, instant messaging and presence, the interconnection between them
creates an unified communication environment for users in both sides.
The workshop aims to bring together people with large expertise in both
protocols, interested in development, testing and deployment of
SIP/SIMPLE-XMPP solutions. With a permanent focus on innovation, the
participants cover open source projects to private enterprises. You can
join the event for free.

Date: September 2-5, 2008
Place: INRIA, Paris, France

Main organizers:
- Philippe Sultan, INRIA - contributor to the XMPP/Jingle support in
Asterisk, member of XMPP Standards Foundation
- Olle E. Johansson, Edvina - main SIP developer of Asterisk
- Daniel-Constantin Mierla, Asipto - co-founder Openser, developer of
XMPP/Jabber gateway

Goal:
- kick up simple-xmpp interoperability

Agenda guidelines:
- identify common issues of simple-xmpp interoperability
- define best-practice solutions and workarounds of delicate issues
- coding sessions in existing applications such as Asterisk, Openser,
Jabberd, Freeswitch, eJabberd, libraries, client applications, etc.
- testing sessions
- reports about past experiences and results of the workshop

Target participants:
- developers of simple-xmpp products
- people interested in testing simple-xmpp products
- people interested in building simple-xmpp communication environments

Cost:
- free registration (everybody pays for its traveling and accommodation)

Registration:
- via e-mail at [email-masked]
- please write the motivation to participate and add bullets into agenda
if you like to approach new subjects. The organizers reserve the right
to select a group of people that will contribute most as this is mainly
a workshop to approach issues, test interoperability and design new
solutions.
- updates about the event are posted at:
http://www.asipto.com/index.php/simple-xmpp-developer-workshop-2008/

Size:
- up to 20 people

As of Jul 15, 2008, participating companies are:
- INRIA - http://www.inria.fr - SIP-XMPP interoperability in Asterisk
(http://www.asterisk.org)
- Edvina - http://www.edvina.net - SIP-XMPP interoperability in Asterisk
(http://www.asterisk.org)
- AG Projects - http://www.ag-projects.com - MSRP-XMPP Interoperability
(http://www.msrprelay.org)
- Asipto - http://www.asipto.com - SIP-XMPP interoperability in Openser
(http://www.openser.org)

General discussions about sip-xmpp can be conducted via mailing list:
sip-xmpp [at] xmpp.org
http://mail.jabber.org/mailman/listinfo/sip-xmpp

-- 
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple