Subject: [Simple] Doubt in aborting the MSRP message transfer

From: manju kori <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 05:04:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All, 
   
  I have a doubt in Abort procedure used in MSRP Protocol. 
   
  Scenario is, I have active message (ex: file/buffer) transfer going on, and the message receiver aborted the transfer, then according to RFC, it should send response 413 to the sender. 
   
  My question is, 
   Does Receiver endpoint need to generate new transaction id for this 413 response? Or it need to get the trasaction id from previous chunk received for that perticular message?
   
  Thanks in advance
  -Manju

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 16:56:13 -0500

On Aug 13, 2008, at 7:04 AM, manju kori wrote:

> Scenario is, I have active message (ex: file/buffer) transfer going  
> on, and the message receiver aborted the transfer, then according to  
> RFC, it should send response 413 to the sender.
>
> My question is,
>  Does Receiver endpoint need to generate new transaction id for this  
> 413 response? Or it need to get the trasaction id from previous  
> chunk received for that perticular message?

The transaction ID for a response is always copied from a received (or  
in process) chunk.

Generally you if you need to send a 413 response, you are either in  
the process of receiving a chunk, or you receive a new chunk after the  
decision to abort. (That is, there is not much point in aborting a  
transfer that is already complete.) You would take the transaction ID  
from that chunk.