Subject: [Simple] sip content delivery vs xmpp

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 17:40:58 +0300

Hi,

I have a general question, and I d like have your opinion and vision on it!

do you think it would be reasonable using the SIP Subscribe/Notify 
mechanism to general delivery content to an application?

my question is because
I have noticed that is becoming extremely popular to microblogging via 
XMPP by sending bare chat messages using
the PubSub mechanism. XMPP has also specified in a draft how it can be 
used to transport Atom syndication Data (RFC 4287)
( 
http://www.xmpp.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-atompub-notify-07.html 
)

I look forward to read your opinion

Sal

_______________________________________________
Simple mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple