Subject: [Simple] [OT] Ruby XCAPClient released

From: Iñaki Baz Castillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:37:44 +0200

Hi, if such announcement is not appropriate in this list please accept
my apologies.

For those interested in building SIMPLE rich presence applications in
Ruby language I've released a GPLv3 library called XCAPClient:

  http://xcapclient.rubyforge.org/
  http://dev.sipdoc.net/projects/ruby-xcapclient/wiki/

Ruby XCAPClient
--------------------------------------------------
A XCAP client library written in Ruby language.

XCAP (RFC 4825) is a protocol on top of HTTP which allows a client
(usually a VoIP/SIP device) to manipulate the contents of Presence
Information Data Format (PIDF) based presence documents. These
documents are stored in a server in XML format.

Ruby xcapclient library implements the XCAP protocol in client side,
allowing the applications to get, store, modify and delete XML
documents in the server.

== Features

* Fetch, create/replace and delete a document.
* Fetch, create/replace and delete a document element (XML node).
* Fetch, create/replace and delete an element attribute.
* Full configurable parameters allowing customized fields for each
XCAP application, such auid, XML namespace, MIME-Type, scope (:user or
:global) and default document name ("index" if not set).
* Fetch the namespaces and prefixes of a document node as they are
used in the server.
* Manage of multiple documents per XCAP application.
* Fetch the XCAP server auids, extensions and namespaces ("xcap-caps"
application).
* SSL.
* Digest and Basic HTTP authentication.
* Raise custom Ruby exception for each HTTP error response.
--------------------------------------------------

Regards.

-- 
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<[email-masked]>

---

From: Victor Pascual Avila <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 22:51:08 +0200

Iñaki,

Thanks for sharing this-- I'll try it out.

Cheers,
-Victor

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 3:37 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Simple mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/simple
>

-- 
Victor Pascual Ávila