Subject: [Simple] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC4479 (2131)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 22:48:12 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC4479,
"A Data Model for Presence".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=4479&eid=2131

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>

Section: 7.1

Original Text
-------------
   <presence xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf"
    xmlns:dm="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:data-model"
    xmlns:rp="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:rpid"
    xmlns:caps="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:caps"
    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">

Corrected Text
--------------
   <presence xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf"
    xmlns:dm="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:data-model"
    xmlns:rp="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:rpid"
    xmlns:caps="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:pidf:caps"
    entity="pres:[email-masked]">

Notes
-----
The entity attribute of the <presence> element is mandatory.  It contains a URI that identifies the presentity.

The namespace prefix binding for "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" is not used in the example and need not appear.

Not corrected here: the example uses an undefined URI scheme, mac:, to identify a device.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC4479 (draft-ietf-simple-presence-data-model-07)
--------------------------------------
Title               : A Data Model for Presence
Publication Date    : July 2006
Author(s)           : J. Rosenberg
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG