Subject: [Simple] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5438 (3850)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 00:59:00 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5438,
"Instant Message Disposition Notification (IMDN)".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5438&eid=3850

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Niket Kumar <[email-masked]>

Section: 8.3

Original Text
-------------
   The aggregated IMDN is constructed using the multipart/mixed MIME
   type and including as individual payloads all the IMDNS that were
   received as message/imdn+xml.

   Below is an example of aggregated IMDNs.

   From: Bob <im:[email-masked]>
   To: Alice <im:[email-masked]>
   NS: imdn <urn:ietf:params:imdn>
   imdn.Message-ID: d834jied93rf
   Content-type: multipart/mixed;
                      boundary="imdn-boundary"
   Content-Disposition: notification
   Content-length: ...

   --imdn-boundary
   Content-type: message/imdn+xml

   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <imdn xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:imdn">
         <message-id>34jk324j</message-id>
         <datetime>2008-04-04T12:16:49-05:00</datetime>
        <recipient-uri>im:[email-masked]</recipient-uri>
         <original-recipient-uri
           >im:[email-masked]</original-recipient-uri>
         <delivery-notification>
            <status>
               <delivered/>
            </status>
         </delivery-notification>
       </imdn>

   --imdn-boundary
   Content-type: message/imdn+xml

   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <imdn xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:imdn">
         <message-id>34jk324j</message-id>
         <datetime>2008-04-04T12:16:49-05:00</datetime>
        <recipient-uri>im:[email-masked]</recipient-uri>
         <original-recipient-uri
            >im:[email-masked]</original-recipient-uri>
         <display-notification>
            <status>
               <displayed/>
            </status>
         </display-notification>
       </imdn>

   --imdn-boundary

Corrected Text
--------------
   The aggregated IMDN is constructed using the multipart/mixed MIME
   type and including as individual payloads all the IMDNS that were
   received as message/imdn+xml.

   Below is an example of aggregated IMDNs.

   From: Bob <im:[email-masked]>
   To: Alice <im:[email-masked]>
   NS: imdn <urn:ietf:params:imdn>
   imdn.Message-ID: d834jied93rf
   Content-type: multipart/mixed;
                      boundary="imdn-boundary"
   Content-Disposition: notification
   Content-length: ...

   --imdn-boundary
   Content-type: message/imdn+xml

   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <imdn xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:imdn">
         <message-id>34jk324j</message-id>
         <datetime>2008-04-04T12:16:49-05:00</datetime>
        <recipient-uri>im:[email-masked]</recipient-uri>
         <original-recipient-uri
           >im:[email-masked]</original-recipient-uri>
         <delivery-notification>
            <status>
               <delivered/>
            </status>
         </delivery-notification>
       </imdn>

   --imdn-boundary
   Content-type: message/imdn+xml

   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
   <imdn xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:imdn">
         <message-id>34jk324j</message-id>
         <datetime>2008-04-04T12:16:49-05:00</datetime>
        <recipient-uri>im:[email-masked]</recipient-uri>
         <original-recipient-uri
            >im:[email-masked]</original-recipient-uri>
         <display-notification>
            <status>
               <displayed/>
            </status>
         </display-notification>
       </imdn>

   --imdn-boundary--

Notes
-----
The last multipart MIME boundary should have a "--" at the end. In the above example it should be "--imdn-boundary--" instead of "--imdn-boundary"

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5438 (draft-ietf-simple-imdn-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Instant Message Disposition Notification (IMDN)
Publication Date    : February 2009
Author(s)           : E. Burger, H. Khartabil
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : SIP for Instant Messaging and Presence Leveraging Extensions
Area                : Real-time Applications and Infrastructure
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 08:17:09 -0500

WFM. Good catch. Thanks.

---

From: Richard Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2013 12:42:20 -0500

Thanks, Eric.  I have marked this as Verified.

On Thu, Dec 26, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Eric Burger <[email-masked]>wrote:

> > The last multipart MIME boundary should have a "--" at the end. In the
> above example it should be "--imdn-boundary--" instead of "--imdn-boundary"
> >
> > Instructions:
> > -------------