Subject: [sipcore] Reminder Last Message: SIP Forum Luncheon at IETF 77 Monday 11:30 13:00

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 21:06:22 -0400

The SIP Forum is going to hold a open meeting for the RAI community during
IETF 77. The purpose of this meeting is remind the SIP community of what the
SIP Forum is doing and discuss relevant technical issues that relate to IETF
WG's. The agenda for this luncheon will be to review current activities in
the SIP Forum and seek additional technical input from the RAI community on
mutual concerns.

As many of you know the SIP Forum is the principal sponsor of the SIPit
interoperability events and currently has 4 Task groups operating. 

BTW registration for SIPit 26 will be open soon.

Our principal technical initiatives are:

1.      SIP Connect 1.1 which is developing an enhanced  profile of IETF
Standards for PBX to SSP interoperability. As part of that work the IETF
MARTINI WG was formed to redefine the so called Implicit registration
procedure in SIP.

2.      FAX over SIP is investigating the interoperability of SIP in T.38
networks with a goal of possible recommendations to the relevant SDO's on
how fax can work better.

3.      Client User Agent Configuration which has a pending Recommendation
on how CUA devices could auto streamline the locating, retrieving and
maintaining of configuration-related information for SIP User Agents

4.      SIP in the SmartGrid. This is a Special Interest Group that is
evaluating the appropriateness of using SIP as a protocol for a number of
Smart Grid areas, including the Home Area Network (HAN), Utilities'
Operational Network, and PEV (Plug-In Vehicle) deployments.

Information on the SIP Forum is available at 

http//www.sipforum.org

If you are interested in attending this event we have set up a Doodle Poll
to indicate your interest. Seating is somewhat limited ( 150 Maximum) lunch
will be provided.

Location .. Monday 11:30 13:00 the Laguna room and its located on the 4th
floor of the Anaheim Hilton

The link to the poll is: 

http://www.doodle.com/hde57nbpcdykzqfz 

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting
Chairman of the Board of Directors SIP Forum
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us>
skype: rshockey101
LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/rshockey101