Subject: Re: [sipcore] Comments to draft-roach-sipcore-6665-clarification-00

From: Brett Tate <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 08:43:00 -0500

> Sounds good to me, except that 6665 deprecates in-dialog subscriptions.

How does a GRUU generator know that the GRUU is globally routable by every
device which can receive it?

---

From: Adam Roach <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 08:17:23 -0600

> device which can receive it?

How does it know that in-dialog messages do?

I'm not looking to turn this three-sentence clarification into a
referendum on whether GRUUs work in the face of intermediaries whose
configured purpose is to break GRUUs. If you want to start a separate
thread/draft/initiative on "how SBCs ruin everything forever," I'm happy
to help.

/a

---

From: Brett Tate <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 10:18:28 -0500

> > How does a GRUU generator know that the GRUU is globally
> > routable by every device which can receive it?
>

It doesn't claim to.  It does the best it can.  If an intermediary used
during call setup drops out, things can fail.

With the use of GRUU, some of the needed/original intermediaries may be
bypassed; thus things may fail more often.

> I'm not looking to turn this three-sentence clarification
> into a referendum on whether GRUUs work in the face of
> intermediaries whose configured purpose is to break GRUUs.
> If you want to start a separate thread/draft/initiative on
> "how SBCs ruin everything forever," I'm happy to help.

I opened a separate thread.

Thanks,
Brett