Subject: [sipcore] draft-ietf-sipcore-6665-clarification-00: comments

From: Brett Tate <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 12:40:58 -0500

Hi,

The following are some comments concerning
draft-ietf-sipcore-6665-clarification-00.

Thanks,
Brett

------

1) Section 1: RFC2119 should be RFC6665.

2) Section 2 paragraph 5: Should potentially change "obscure cases" to
"cases".  The situation can be as simple as an RFC 3725 3PCC device
willing to accept REFER associated with some dialogs but not others.

3) Section 2 paragraph 5: Concerning "(although the use of GRUUs in such a
context causes no harm, either)", it is only true if you exclude things
such as the Security Considerations mentioned within RFC 5627.  Thus it
potentially should be removed or reworded.

4) Section 3: Should potentially mention RFC 5627 since the clarification
also clarifies that the RFC 5627 security issues apply to all notifiers
(or the location they supplied within the Contact).