Subject: [sipcore] I-D Action: draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 05:17:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Session Initiation Protocol Core WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Response Code for Rejected Calls
        Authors         : Eric W. Burger
                          Bhavik Nagda
	Filename        : draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected-08.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2019-05-21

Abstract:
   This document defines the 608 (Rejected) SIP response code.  This
   response code enables calling parties to learn that an intermediary
   rejected their call attempt.  No one will deliver, and thus no one
   will answer, the call.  As a 6xx code, the caller will be aware that
   future attempts to contact the same User Agent Server will likely
   fail.  The initial use case driving the need for the 608 response
   code is when the intermediary is an analytics engine.  In this case,
   the rejection is by a machine or other process.  This contrasts with
   the 607 (Unwanted) SIP response code, which a human at the target
   User Agent Server indicated the user did not want the call.  In some
   jurisdictions this distinction is important.  This document also
   defines the use of the Call-Info header field in 608 responses to
   enable rejected callers to contact entities that blocked their calls
   in error.  This provides a remediation mechanism for legal callers
   that find their calls blocked.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-sipcore-rejected-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/