Subject: [sipcore] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sipcore-locparam-04.txt> (Location Source Parameter for the SIP Geolocation Header Field) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2020 15:42:37 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Session Initiation Protocol Core WG
(sipcore) to consider the following document: - 'Location Source Parameter
for the SIP Geolocation Header Field'
  <draft-ietf-sipcore-locparam-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-01-27. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   There are some circumstances where a Geolocation header field may
   contain more than one locationValue.  Knowing the identity of the
   node adding the locationValue allows the recipient more freedom in
   selecting the value to look at first rather than relying solely on
   the order of the locationValues.  This document defines the "loc-src"
   parameter so that the entity adding the locationValue to Geolocation
   header field can identify itself using its hostname.  This document
   updates RFC 6442.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-locparam/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-locparam/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc3325: Private Extensions to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for Asserted Identity within Trusted Networks (Informational - IETF stream)