Subject: [sipcore] Last Call: <draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-token-authnz-12.txt> (Third-Party Token-based Authentication and Authorization for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2020 07:02:24 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Session Initiation Protocol Core WG
(sipcore) to consider the following document: - 'Third-Party Token-based
Authentication and Authorization for Session
   Initiation Protocol (SIP)'
  <draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-token-authnz-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-04-15. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document defines the "Bearer" authentication scheme for the
   Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), and a mechanism by which user
   authentication and SIP registration authorization is delegated to a
   third party, using the OAuth 2.0 framework and OpenID Connect Core
   1.0.  This document updates RFC 3261 to provide guidance on how a SIP
   User Agent Client (UAC) responds to a SIP 401/407 response that
   contains multiple WWW-Authenticate/Proxy-Authenticate header fields.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-token-authnz/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-sipcore-sip-token-authnz/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.