Subject: [lamps] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lamps-pkix-shake-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 07:43:15 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Internet X.509 Public Key Infrastructure: Additional Algorithm Identifiers for RSASSA-PSS and ECDSA using SHAKEs
        Authors         : Panos Kampanakis
                          Quynh Dang
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lamps-pkix-shake-07.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2019-01-14

Abstract:
   Digital signatures are used to sign messages, X.509 certificates and
   CRLs (Certificate Revocation Lists).  This document describes the
   conventions for using the SHAKE function family in Internet X.509
   certificates and CRLs as one-way hash functions with the RSA
   Probabilistic signature and ECDSA signature algorithms.  The
   conventions for the associated subject public keys are also
   described.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-pkix-shake/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lamps-pkix-shake-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lamps-pkix-shake-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lamps-pkix-shake-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Panos Kampanakis (pkampana)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 15:51:52 +0000

This version addresses Eric's AD Review comments while draft-ietf-lamps-pkix-shake has been under IESG review. 
Thanks,
Panos

-----Original Message-----
From: Spasm <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2019 10:43 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [lamps] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lamps-pkix-shake-07.txt

Abstract:

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

_______________________________________________
Spasm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spasm

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 16:34:14 -0500

Panos:

Something got messed up in Section 5.1:

   The identifiers defined in Section 4 can be used as the
   AlgorithmIdentifier in the signatureAlgorithm field in the sequence
   Certificate and the signature field in the sequence tbsCertificate in
   X.509.  The parameters of these signature algorithms are absent as
   explained in Section 4.  [RFC5280].

I think this should say:

   The identifiers defined in Section 4 can be used as the
   AlgorithmIdentifier in the signatureAlgorithm field in the sequence
   Certificate and the signature field in the sequence tbsCertificate in
   X.509 [RFC5280].  The parameters of these signature algorithms
   are absent as explained in Section 4.

Also, a small nit.  Please spell out "OID" the first time it is used.

Russ

> On Jan 14, 2019, at 10:51 AM, Panos Kampanakis (pkampana) <[email-masked]> wrote:
>