Subject: [lamps] ASN.1 module in draft-ietf-lamps-rfc5751-bis

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2019 19:01:17 -0800

I don't remember that I ever raised the issue while dealing with updates to
this document, however one question is should we have updated the ASN.1
module from the current 1988 module to one which is derived from RFC 5911
which is using current ASN.1.

We are currently in AUTH48 so this is the last chance to update this is
desired.

Jim

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 11:59:36 -0500

Jim:

To keep it simple in the final stages of publication, I suggest that the ASN.1 module stay as it is, but add an additional Note at the from of Appendix A:

   Note: An equivalent ASN.1 module that uses the 2002 version of ASN.1
   is available in [RFC5911].

Russ

> On Jan 17, 2019, at 10:01 PM, Jim Schaad <[email-masked]> wrote:
>