Subject: [lamps] 6844bis: Merging sections

From: Jacob Hoffman-Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 17:05:48 -0800

In reviewing ekr's AD review for 6844bis, I realized a lot of 
information was duplicated between Section 3 "The CA RR Type" and 
Section 5 "Mechanism." I don't see a reason for these to be separate 
sections, and I think they were behind a number of inconsistencies.

I wrote up a change to merge the two. I think this fixes a lot of 
problems in the spec, but it's a fairly significant change, so I wanted 
to present this for review before merging into my working copy.

Please take a look:

https://github.com/jsha/caa-simplification/pull/5

Thanks,
Jacob

---

From: Jacob Hoffman-Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 09:47:25 -0800

Consider this a Monday reminder to take a look at this change if you 
missed it last week. Thanks!

On 1/11/19 5:05 PM, Jacob Hoffman-Andrews wrote:
> problems in the spec, but it's a fairly significant change, so I 
> wanted to present this for review before merging into my working copy.
>
> Please take a look:
>

---

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 14:15:49 -0500

I am reviewing it now. I will just point out that one of the comments I
received when writing 6844 was that the sections should be split.

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 12:48 PM Jacob Hoffman-Andrews <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Spasm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spasm
>

---

From: Rob Stradling <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 19:31:05 +0000

Phill, do you recall who requested that these sections should be split? 
And why?

On 14/01/2019 19:15, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 12:48 PM Jacob Hoffman-Andrews <[email-masked] 
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
> 

-- 
Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist
Sectigo Limited

---

From: Jacob Hoffman-Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 11:30:17 -0800

Any further thoughts on this PR? I'd like to merge and publish a new 
draft tomorrow.

---

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2019 19:17:19 -0500

Working on it now.

---

From: Rob Stradling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 10:48:48 +0000

Hi Jacob.  Thanks for doing this PR.  I've just submitted a review (see 
https://github.com/jsha/caa-simplification/pull/5) that requests some 
minor changes.

On 24/01/2019 00:17, Phillip Hallam-Baker wrote:
> Working on it now.
> 
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 2:30 PM Jacob Hoffman-Andrews <[email-masked] 

Email: [email-masked]
Bradford, UK
Office: +441274024707
Sectigo Limited

This message and any files associated with it may contain legally 
privileged, confidential, or proprietary information. If you are not the 
intended recipient, you are not permitted to use, copy, or forward it, 
in whole or in part without the express consent of the sender. Please 
notify the sender by reply email, disregard the foregoing messages, and 
delete it immediately.