Subject: [lamps] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lamps-cms-shakes-11.txt> (Use of the SHAKE One-way Hash Functions in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2019 07:57:13 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Limited Additional Mechanisms for
PKIX and SMIME WG (lamps) to consider the following document: - 'Use of the
SHAKE One-way Hash Functions in the Cryptographic Message
   Syntax (CMS)'
  <draft-ietf-lamps-cms-shakes-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-07-03. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the conventions for using the SHAKE family of
   hash functions with the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) as one-way
   hash functions with the RSA Probabilistic signature and ECDSA
   signature algorithms, as message digests and message authentication
   codes.  The conventions for the associated signer public keys in CMS
   are also described.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-shakes/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-shakes/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc8017: PKCS #1: RSA Cryptography Specifications Version 2.2 (Informational - IETF stream)