Subject: [Speechsc] MRCP Draft

From: "Miao, Kai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:49:05 -0700

Is this the place to talk about MRCP?

In "media streams RTP ports" section (3.3), this draft seems to propose a
usage of RTP session/stream/SSRC not quite consistent to what is advocated
by the RTP spec (not multiplexing different streams by using SSRCs in a
single session). Is the same sequence number (or time stamp base) used in a
session across all streams? How do you account for packet loss for each
stream, then? How do you specify things in RTCP (which should be per SSRC)?
In addition, where are the payload types? Could someone provide some
clarification? 

Also, this draft does not cover "playback" and "record" - is it because they
are already covered in RTSP?  If so, it should be explained. But, what about
if I don't use RTSP and SIP instead?

And, what has happened to the SIP/MRCP draft (which seems to be the right
thing to do)?    

Finally, this draft mentioned using RTP for fax - shouldn't it be UDPTL? 

Kai     

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc