Subject: [Speechsc] TTS resource types

From: "Reifenrath, Klaus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 08:14:54 -0400

Hi group!

>From my point of view the definitions of basicsynth and audioplayer are not
adequate for the following reasons:
1) It is not possible to create a valid SSML document (fragment) that only
contains <audio> and <marker> elements
2) basicsynth is defined by implementation ("using concatenated audio
files")
The spec should clearly state that all speech synthesizer resources should
only take valid SSML as input. I recommend listing all the SSML elements in
a table, then putting checks in the columns for each of the synthesizer
types to show requirements.

Regards,
Klaus

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: "Dave Burke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:04:06 +0100

Hi,

I agree with Klaus that the current definitions can be improved.

What Klaus is suggesting is similar to the W3C concept of  'modularization'
where collections of modules are subsequently defined as 'profiles' (e.g.
XHTML modularization or X+V). Modules are expressed formally using DTDs and
Schemas. There could be a profile for audioplayer and speechsynth.

- Dave