Subject: [Speechsc] "1*ALPHA" for many values is too restrictive

From: Dan Halbert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 13:50:10 -0400

In both the original MRCP and MRCPv2 specs, a number of header fields say
they supply values that are "1*ALPHA".

However, in real-life MRCP clients, we see values supplied that are
more than just 1*ALPHA. For instance:

     Speech-Language: en-US
     Logging-Tag: 14:14

are two examples I pulled from Cisco documentation with a Google, and
other MRCP clients we have seen supply similar values that are not
strictly 1*ALPHA.

It seems to me it would be good to loosen the specs on a number of
these fields to the RFC 2234 "VCHAR" (visible characters), or
something similar. The MRCPv2 spec in section 6.1 talks about "*TEXT",
but it doesn't define that anywhere.

Perhaps it's a little late to do this for MRCPv1, but this could go
in the MRCPv2 spec.

Regards,
Dan

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc