Subject: RE: [Speechsc] List of clarification questions regarding verification, and a suggestion to incorporate multi-verification in MRCP v2

From: "Daniel Burnett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:22:41 -0700

Ran,

Your first clarification question brings up some good points.  Maybe we could do the following:

1) Add a new verification method "get_intermediate_result" that just polls the resource (one time) for whatever result it currently has, without changing the processing of the resource in any way.  The response would contain a standard result.
2) Add a new header to "verify_stop" that permits us to distinguish between aborting verification and pausing/stopping the current verification.  By pausing/stopping, I mean that the resource will behave exactly as it would if it had detected end of speech (i.e. th end of an utterance).  The client should only send this method with this header while verification is in progress.
3) Maybe we also want to add a start of speech event for the verification resource to send back if/when it detects start of speech, just the same way the ASR resource does.

-- dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf
Of Ran Zilca
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 10:46 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Speechsc] List of clarification questions regarding
verification, and a suggestion to incorporate multi-verification in MRCP
v2

Hello,

Please find attached documents with the list of clarification questions and
muti-verification proposal.

Best regards,

Ran Zilca
Conversational Biometrics
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
1101 Kitchawan Rd.
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598

http://www.research.ibm.com/CBG

Voice:      (914) 945-3013
Fax:  (914) 945-4490

(See attached file: Calrification quetions on MRCPv1 extension for speaker
verification.doc)(See attached file: A proposal to incorporate
multi-verification.doc)

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: Ran Zilca <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 17:05:40 -0400

Dan,

All three suggestions sound good to me.
It addresses both the need to query the server while verification is in
progress, and the need to have the client initiate the "end of the turn"
rather than the server's internal end of speech.

Thanks,

-- Ran.

"Daniel Burnett" <[email-masked]> on 04/07/2004 01:22:41 PM

To:    Ran Zilca/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, <[email-masked]>
cc:
Subject:    RE: [Speechsc] List of clarification questions regarding
       verification, and a suggestion to incorporate multi-verification in
       MRCP v2

Ran,

Your first clarification question brings up some good points.  Maybe we
could do the following:

1) Add a new verification method "get_intermediate_result" that just polls
the resource (one time) for whatever result it currently has, without
changing the processing of the resource in any way.  The response would
contain a standard result.
2) Add a new header to "verify_stop" that permits us to distinguish between
aborting verification and pausing/stopping the current verification.  By
pausing/stopping, I mean that the resource will behave exactly as it would
if it had detected end of speech (i.e. th end of an utterance).  The client
should only send this method with this header while verification is in
progress.
3) Maybe we also want to add a start of speech event for the verification
resource to send back if/when it detects start of speech, just the same way
the ASR resource does.

-- dan

-----Original Message-----

Hello,

Best regards,

Ran Zilca

Voice:      (914) 945-3013
Fax:  (914) 945-4490