Subject: RE: [Speechsc] List of clarification questions regarding verifica tion

From: "Reifenrath, Klaus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 03:20:09 -0400

Hi Dan,

in case the client reuses an open verification resource for multiple
telephone calls, the verification buffer needs to be cleared whenever a new
telephone call starts. This can be achieved with VER-CLEAR-BUFFER. However
the verification resource MUST also discard any collected line statistics or
information. Therefore I suggest to introduce another header field named
'new-audio-channel', that is already defined for the recognizer resource.
This header field MAY be specified in VER-CLEAR-BUFFER (and
VER-START-SESSION?).

Regards,
Klaus

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Burnett [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Mittwoch, 21. April 2004 22:19
To: Ran Zilca; IETF SPEECHSC (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [Speechsc] List of clarification questions regarding
verification

Ran,

Here are some thoughts on a few of your other questions.

3) You're right on this one.  Apparently this default language didn't get
copied (my fault) from the MRCP1 extensions document into the MRCP2 draft.
The default should be false.

4) This is a good suggestion.  I think in the transition from buffering
methods to header fields this was lost.  However, it should probably be
named VER-CLEAR-BUFFER for consistency with the other method names.  Also,
it doesn't really need to be on all the resources since it's clear a
verification feature.  It might be better for it just to be on the
Verification resource -- no one would even use this method if they hadn't
implemented the verification resource.
We should probably also make it clear that since the buffer belongs to the
verification resource, it will be cleared or released whenever the
verification resource is.  At a minimum, this would at least happen when the
entire MRCP session ends.

Klaus' recent questions about recognition timeouts point out something else
missing -- a speech-complete-timeout for the verification resource.  This
timeout would indicate how long the resource should wait to be sure that the
caller has finished speaking.  It should probably be settable/gettable as in
the recognizer resource.

-- dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf
Of Ran Zilca
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 11:30 AM
To: IETF SPEECHSC (E-mail)
Subject: [Speechsc] List of clarification questions regarding
verification

Hello,

Please find attached document with the list of clarification questions.

Best regards,

Ran Zilca
Conversational Biometrics
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
1101 Kitchawan Rd.
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598

http://www.research.ibm.com/CBG

Voice:      (914) 945-3013
Fax:  (914) 945-4490

(See attached file: Calrification quetions on MRCPv1 extension for speaker
verification.doc)

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: Ran Zilca <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:02:26 -0400

This is a good point. The distinction between clearing the buffer and
resetting any channel related mechanism (for additional future buffering)
are two different things. An optional header field looks like a good way to
address this.

Ran.

"Reifenrath, Klaus" <[email-masked]> on 04/22/2004 03:20:09
AM

To:    "'Daniel Burnett'" <[email-masked]>
cc:    Ran Zilca/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, "IETF SPEECHSC (E-mail)"
       <[email-masked]>
Subject:    RE: [Speechsc] List of clarification questions regarding
       verifica   tion

Hi Dan,

the verification resource MUST also discard any collected line statistics
or

Regards,
Klaus

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Burnett [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Mittwoch, 21. April 2004 22:19
To: Ran Zilca; IETF SPEECHSC (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [Speechsc] List of clarification questions regarding
verification

Ran,

verification resource is.  At a minimum, this would at least happen when
the

Klaus' recent questions about recognition timeouts point out something else
missing -- a speech-complete-timeout for the verification resource.  This
timeout would indicate how long the resource should wait to be sure that
the
caller has finished speaking.  It should probably be settable/gettable as
in
the recognizer resource.

-- dan

-----Original Message-----

Hello,

Best regards,

Ran Zilca

Voice:      (914) 945-3013
Fax:  (914) 945-4490