Subject: RE: [Speechsc] List of clarification questions regarding verification

From: "Daniel Burnett" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 13:18:32 -0700

Ran,

Here are some thoughts on a few of your other questions.

3) You're right on this one.  Apparently this default language didn't get copied (my fault) from the MRCP1 extensions document into the MRCP2 draft.  The default should be false.

4) This is a good suggestion.  I think in the transition from buffering methods to header fields this was lost.  However, it should probably be named VER-CLEAR-BUFFER for consistency with the other method names.  Also, it doesn't really need to be on all the resources since it's clear a verification feature.  It might be better for it just to be on the Verification resource -- no one would even use this method if they hadn't implemented the verification resource.
We should probably also make it clear that since the buffer belongs to the verification resource, it will be cleared or released whenever the verification resource is.  At a minimum, this would at least happen when the entire MRCP session ends.

Klaus' recent questions about recognition timeouts point out something else missing -- a speech-complete-timeout for the verification resource.  This timeout would indicate how long the resource should wait to be sure that the caller has finished speaking.  It should probably be settable/gettable as in the recognizer resource.

-- dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf
Of Ran Zilca
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2004 11:30 AM
To: IETF SPEECHSC (E-mail)
Subject: [Speechsc] List of clarification questions regarding
verification

Hello,

Please find attached document with the list of clarification questions.

Best regards,

Ran Zilca
Conversational Biometrics
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center
1101 Kitchawan Rd.
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598

http://www.research.ibm.com/CBG

Voice:      (914) 945-3013
Fax:  (914) 945-4490

(See attached file: Calrification quetions on MRCPv1 extension for speaker
verification.doc)

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: Ran Zilca <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 17:27:46 -0400

Dan,

Your suggestions on points 3 and 4 sound good.
Regarding the clear method naming - all verification methods currently
start with "VER-", so it makes sense. It also makes sense to me to have the
verification resource own the buffer, as it will typically be implemented
inside the verification engine.

-- Ran.

"Daniel Burnett" <[email-masked]> on 04/21/2004 04:18:32 PM

To:    Ran Zilca/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, "IETF SPEECHSC (E-mail)"
       <[email-masked]>
cc:
Subject:    RE: [Speechsc] List of clarification questions regarding
       verification

Ran,

3) You're right on this one.  Apparently this default language didn't get
copied (my fault) from the MRCP1 extensions document into the MRCP2 draft.
The default should be false.

4) This is a good suggestion.  I think in the transition from buffering
methods to header fields this was lost.  However, it should probably be
named VER-CLEAR-BUFFER for consistency with the other method names.  Also,
it doesn't really need to be on all the resources since it's clear a
verification feature.  It might be better for it just to be on the
Verification resource -- no one would even use this method if they hadn't
implemented the verification resource.
We should probably also make it clear that since the buffer belongs to the
verification resource, it will be cleared or released whenever the
verification resource is.  At a minimum, this would at least happen when
the entire MRCP session ends.

Klaus' recent questions about recognition timeouts point out something else
missing -- a speech-complete-timeout for the verification resource.  This
timeout would indicate how long the resource should wait to be sure that
the caller has finished speaking.  It should probably be settable/gettable
as in the recognizer resource.

-- dan

-----Original Message-----

Hello,

Best regards,

Ran Zilca

Voice:      (914) 945-3013
Fax:  (914) 945-4490