Subject: [Speechsc] INTERMEDIATE-RECOG-RESULT

From: "Reifenrath, Klaus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 05:10:52 -0400

The mail of Ran Zilca on intermediate results for SV/SI reminded me of one
of the open questions (see minutes of last WG meeting):
Do we need an INTERMEDIATE-RECOG-RESULT?   

Intermediate results for ASR make sense as well.
Imagine a multimodal application where the caller can fill several input
fields: after
the recognizer recognized valid input for the first slot, the recognized
value could be visualized, as soon the recognizer recognized input for
another slot, this slot can be filled on the screen as well and so on.
Another use case for intermediate results would be e-mail/SMS dictation.

Therefore I suggest to add an optional INTERMEDIATE-RECOG-RESULT event to
the speech recognizer resource.

Klaus 

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: Jeff Kusnitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:28:55 -0700

It certainly seems reasonable.  I assume the body of the 
INTERMEDIATE-RECOG-RESULT message would contain the intermediate results 
in NLSML (or EMMA) format?