Subject: [Speechsc] RFC 6787 on Media Resource Control Protocol Version 2 (MRCPv2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 20:44:57 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6787

        Title:      Media Resource Control Protocol Version 2
                    (MRCPv2) 
        Author:     D. Burnett, S. Shanmugham
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      224
        Characters: 496648
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-28.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6787.txt

The Media Resource Control Protocol Version 2 (MRCPv2) allows client
hosts to control media service resources such as speech synthesizers,
recognizers, verifiers, and identifiers residing in servers on the
network.  MRCPv2 is not a "stand-alone" protocol -- it relies on
other protocols, such as the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), to
coordinate MRCPv2 clients and servers and manage sessions between
them, and the Session Description Protocol (SDP) to describe,
discover, and exchange capabilities.  It also depends on SIP and SDP
to establish the media sessions and associated parameters between the
media source or sink and the media server.  Once this is done, the
MRCPv2 exchange operates over the control session established above,
allowing the client to control the media processing resources on the
speech resource server.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Speech Services Control Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 07:30:01 -0600

All -

Congratulations!

Please join me in thanking Dan Burnett for the huge effort he put in to 
get this finished!

RjS

On 11/12/12 10:44 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Speechsc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc
> Supplemental web site:
> &lt;http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/speechsc&gt;

---

From: Dan Burnett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:49:32 -0500

And many thanks to you, Robert, for guiding me through the final maze of the process!

-- dan

On Nov 13, 2012, at 8:30 AM, Robert Sparks wrote:

> All -
> 
> Congratulations!
> 
> Please join me in thanking Dan Burnett for the huge effort he put in to get this finished!
> 
> RjS
>

---

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 09:17:01 -0500

+10,000,000

---

From: Jerry Carter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 19:09:19 -0500

It's been quite a long road since the first draft was published in 2003. And I recall discussions going back to 2002 on 'how MRCP 1 _should_ have been done'. It's a mark of dedication and persistence on the part of Dan, Eric, and Dave that this has finally completed.  Great work everyone. 

-=- Jerry (via iPhone)