Subject: [spfbis] Chartered

From: Pete Resnick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 13:08:36 -0600

Folks,

The spfbis group charter was approved yesterday by the IESG. You should 
see the announcement soon. The charter as you saw it is what we went 
with. A couple of notes from your AD:

I've assigned Andrew Sullivan and Subramanian Moonesamy (aka SM) as your 
intrepid chairs. Andrew has been chairing DNSEXT for quite some time, 
and SM has chaired YAM, is the fearless leader of the Apps Area 
Directorate (nee Review Team), and is WG secretary for HYBI, so I think 
both are well suited to keeping everybody inside the lines of an 
extremely tightly scoped charter. Please welcome them, and let's get 
some good work done together by staying focused on the work at hand. We 
all understand that there is some history of contentiousness in this 
area, so remaining professional and calm will be very helpful. If there 
are problems, don't yell about them on the list; take them to the chairs 
or, exceptionally, to me.

pr

-- 
Pete Resnick<http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
Qualcomm Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102