Subject: [spfbis] Request for reviews of RFC 4408

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 16:30:52 -0500

Dear colleagues,

Because we are the SPFBIS Working Group, SM and I believe that our
first order of business is to collect the issues with RFC 4408.  We
believe we have a way to collect them.  (Credit where it's due: this
was SM's idea.  I just think it's a great one and wholeheartedly
support it.  He's on vacation, so I'm posting the mail.)

We request that WG participants each perform a review of RFC 4408.
This review may be of the document alone, or if you like also with
reference to experience with it.  Please post your review to the
mailing list.

We ask that nobody debate the merits of anyone's review, and indeed
that nobody respond in any way to anyone else's review.  Just review
the document without reference to the rest of the WG.  This is
important as a procedural matter: discussions of the various reviews
is out of bounds.  Please don't give into the temptation.

SM and I will collect the reviews, and pull out every issue we see.
We will then create one issue ticket in the tracker, once it is
available, for every issue we identify.  At this point, of course,
debate will be necessary because it's entirely likely that SM and I
will miss something or get our categorization wrong.  But this
approach will ensure that we are always talking about specific issues
when we have that debate, and that we'll all be working from the
collected reviews that have been posted.

We'd like to set a deadline for the reviews of two weeks; so we will
close the queue for reviews at 00:00 on 18 February.  We understand
that, with the WG just having been chartered, that may be too
optimistic.  If this is too soon for you, please let SM and me know,
and we'll adjust the deadline.  We'd like to use the results of this,
however, as the basis for further work and for a meeting session in
Paris, so we request that you try not to let it linger too long.

Best regards,

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 17:06:33 -0500

Dear colleagues,

> We request that WG participants each perform a review of RFC 4408.

I should have been clear: I didn't mean to exclude the errata from
this review.  Please take it into consideration (and thanks to Scott
Kitterman for reminding me to be clear about it).

Thanks,

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]