Subject: [spfbis] Meetecho support for SPFBIS WG meeting session

From: Meetecho IETF support <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 00:51:38 +0200

Hi all,

a virtual room has been reserved on the Meetecho system for Friday's 
SPFBIS WG meeting session.

Access to the on-line session (including audio and video streams) will 
be available at:
http://www.meetecho.com/ietf83/spfbis

The Meetecho session automatically logs you into the standard IETF 
jabber room. So, from there, you can have an integrated experience 
involving all media and allowing you to interact with the room.
Remote participants might also send their own voice to the room, if they 
want to, by either calling a landline phone number, or using our 
embedded VoIP applet (in this last case they are *strongly* advised to 
use a headset).

A tutorial of interactivity features of the tool can be found at:
http://www.meetecho.com/ietf83/tutorials

Cheers,
the Meetecho team

-- 
Meetecho s.r.l.
Web Conferencing and Collaboration Tools
www.meetecho.com

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 06:13:35 -0700

Hello

[Bcc to spfbis@; please follow up on [email-masked]]

The purpose of this email is two-fold; provide feedback to the 
Meetecho team and to get feedback about remote participation.

>SPFBIS WG meeting session.

First of all, thanks to the Meetecho team for providing the service 
and for responding to the support issues in real-time.  Thanks to 
Murray Kucherawy for being Jabber scribe and Tony Hansen for stepping 
in when Murray presented; and the minute-taker, John Levine (not 
using Etherpad).

Due to the low audio quality, I was not able to tell who was speaking 
at times.  With the video feed, I could see chair (body language 
during the session) and follow the slides.  Meetecho also provides 
the slide number and title over XMPP.

There were around 20 people in the room and over 10 people and the 
Responsible Area Director in the Jabber room.  There was no 
Jabber/chair interaction as there was only one chair in the room.

It's difficult to rate the experience between Meetecho and the legacy 
remote service.  The weak point for Meetecho is audio quality whereas 
the legacy audio has about a 15 second delay.  In this case, my 
trade-off was the desire to follow this session without significant 
audio delay.

The slides used by Meetecho was from the IETF materials web 
page.  The chair called for one or more hums during the meeting.  If 
new text is projected on the screen (questions to hum on, for 
example), that would not be displayed through Meetecho.  As I could 
not see the microphone line, it was not possible to evaluate the 
importance of each issue in real-time.

There are some user interface and user issues when using Meetecho  (I 
mistakenly broadcasted video).  I used a standalone XMPP client 
instead of following the Meetecho (XMPP) chat window.

Could other remote participants for this session please provide feedback on:

  (a) What worked for you?

  (b) What did not work for you?

  (c) Could you follow the WG session?

  (d) Do you feel that you were able to participate adequately in the
      discussions?

  (e) Do you feel that you were able to participate adequately in the
      decision-making?

  (f) Do you have a better understanding of how WG issues can be
      resolved after following this session?

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

P.S. Did the Meetecho team volunteer to sponsor some T-Shirts for 
AppsDir? :-)