Subject: [spfbis] FW: RFC 6577 on Authentication-Results Registration Update for Sender Policy Framework (SPF) Results

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 11:56:33 +0000

FYI, this fixes the "hardfail" bug in Authentication-Results to match what RFC4408 said.

-MSK

Subject: RFC 6577 on Authentication-Results Registration Update for Sender Policy Framework (SPF) Results
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 11:38:52 +0000
List-Id: "IETF announcement list. No discussions." <ietf-announce.ietf.org>

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6577

        Title:      Authentication-Results Registration Update for Sender 
                    Policy Framework (SPF) Results 
        Author:     M. Kucherawy
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      5
        Characters: 8173
        Updates:    RFC5451

        I-D Tag:    draft-kucherawy-authres-spf-erratum-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6577.txt

This memo updates the registry of authentication method results in
Authentication-Results: message header fields, correcting a
discontinuity between the original registry creation and the Sender
Policy Framework (SPF) specification.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC