Subject: [spfbis] I-D Action: draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 15:12:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the SPF Update Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Resolution of The SPF/Sender-ID Experiment
	Author(s)       : Murray S. Kucherawy
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2012-04-06

   In 2006 the IETF published a suite of protocol documents comprising
   SPF and Sender-ID, two proposed email authentication protocols.
   Because of interoperability concerns created by simultaneous use of
   the two protocols by a receiver, and some concerns with Sender-ID and
   compatibility with existing standards, the IESG required them to have
   Experimental status and invited the community to observe their
   deployments for a period of time, hoping convergence would be
   possible later.

   After six years, sufficient experience and evidence have been
   collected that the experiment thus created can be considered
   concluded, and a single protocol can be advanced.  This memo presents
   those findings.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-00.txt

---

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2012 12:22:36 +0200

This is identical to draft-kucherawy-spfbis-experiment-04, but I'm
happy to see that we have a WG document now.

I take the occasion to say that I find the document interesting,
useful, and its conclusions seem fair to me.

I'd hope it will remain open as long as possible, so that new data,
tests, and surveys can be added to it if they become available, if
that doesn't interfere with working on the WG's main document.

-------- Original Message --------
From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 15:12:55 -0700
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the SPF Update Working Group
of the IETF.