Subject: [spfbis] I-D Action: draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 06:54:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the SPF Update Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Resolution of The SPF and Sender ID Experiments
	Author(s)       : Murray S. Kucherawy
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-08.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-05-10

   In 2006 the IETF published a suite of protocol documents comprising
   SPF and Sender ID, two proposed email authentication protocols.  Both
   of these protocols enable one to publish via the Domain Name System a
   policy declaring which mail servers were authorized to send email on
   behalf of the domain name being queried.  There was concern that the
   two would conflict in some significant operational situations,
   interfering with message delivery.

   The IESG required the publication of all of these documents (RFC4405,
   RFC4406, RFC4407, and RFC4408) with Experimental status, and
   requested that the community observe deployment and operation of the
   protocols over a period of two years from the date of publication to
   determine a reasonable path forward.

   After six years, sufficient experience and evidence have been
   collected that the experiments thus created can be considered
   concluded.  This document presents those findings.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-08.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-08.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment/

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 14:03:13 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 6:54 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D Action: draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-08.txt
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the SPF Update Working Group
> of the IETF.
> 
> [...]

Working Group Last Call completed yesterday.  This is the result.  Here's a summary of the changes since -07, which was the consensus text at the start of WGLC, all of which were either merely editorial in nature or reached consensus on the list:

- Abstract reworked with suggestions from Barry, Scott and others

- Additional specifics about the surveys added for clarity

- Background on what SUBMITTER and PRA are was added for reader convenience

- SUBMITTER survey table added for reader convenience

- Clarification on the "differences" point added

- Swap the order of Sections 7 and 8, since IANA Considerations will be deleted (avoids later renumbering)

The -08 version is thus submitted to the chairs for handoff to the IESG at their convenience.

-MSK

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 14:10:33 +0000

> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Murray S. Kucherawy
> Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2012 7:03 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [spfbis] I-D Action: draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-08.txt
> 
> Working Group Last Call completed yesterday.  This is the result.
> Here's a summary of the changes since -07, which was the consensus text
> at the start of WGLC, all of which were either merely editorial in
> nature or reached consensus on the list:

I forgot:

- TDP survey numbers updated, as they are ongoing; the counts are larger but the percentages are effectively static

-MSK

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 14:50:51 -0400

Dear colleagues,

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-08.txt

As far as your chairs can tell, that document now represents the
consensus of the WG.  Watch for the shepherd to post the PROTO report
soon.  

Best regards,

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]