Subject: [spfbis] I-D Action: draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 16:21:53 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the SPF Update Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Resolution of The SPF and Sender ID Experiments
	Author(s)       : Murray S. Kucherawy
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-09.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-05-11

   In 2006 the IETF published a suite of protocol documents comprising
   SPF and Sender ID, two proposed email authentication protocols.  Both
   of these protocols enable one to publish via the Domain Name System a
   policy declaring which mail servers were authorized to send email on
   behalf of the domain name being queried.  There was concern that the
   two would conflict in some significant operational situations,
   interfering with message delivery.

   The IESG required the publication of all of these documents (RFC4405,
   RFC4406, RFC4407, and RFC4408) with Experimental status, and
   requested that the community observe deployment and operation of the
   protocols over a period of two years from the date of publication to
   determine a reasonable path forward.

   After six years, sufficient experience and evidence have been
   collected that the experiments thus created can be considered
   concluded.  This document presents those findings.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-09.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-09.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment/

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 23:22:31 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 4:22 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [spfbis] I-D Action: draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-09.txt
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the SPF Update Working Group
> of the IETF.
> 
> [...]

Per Document Shepherd review.

-MSK