Subject: [spfbis] Moving forward with draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 15:11:29 -0700

Hello,

The SPFBIS WG co-chairs posted a message on June 18 about the 
adoption of draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis as a WG document.  We currently 
have 27 open tickets in the tracker ( 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/spfbis/trac/report/1 ).  One of the WG 
co-chairs will be starting threads for each of the issues.  The 
document editor can suggest text to start the discussion.  If any WG 
participant would like to suggest text, feel free to do so.

I'll try and start with the easy issues as it would be 
faster.  Please keep to the thread so that it is easier to 
track.  The document editor already posted a message about changes at 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/spfbis/current/msg01604.html 
I'll use the issues listed in that message as a starting point.

If you have any questions about how the work will be carried out, 
please post them to the list.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

---

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 18:20:05 -0400

> please post them to the list.

As I mentioned in the message I sent to the list after I posted the -00 draft, 
quite a number of the issues in the tracker are, I believe, already resolved 
in the -00.  Do you want me to update the tracker to reflect this status?  How 
should we proceed?  Rather than kick off a message thread per issue, it might 
be handy to dispose of the ones that can be marked done first?

Scott K

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 15:50:15 -0700

Hi Scott,
>be handy to dispose of the ones that can be marked done first?

It is easier for the WG if issues are not reopened once they are 
closed in the tracker unless there is new information available.  The 
working group gets to see the change and anyone can discuss about 
that if we have those messages.  Although it can be tedious process, 
it can be useful in future if we are asked about the resolution of an 
issue.  I will start from the list of issues in the message you 
posted.  I'll defer the ones about DNS in case they require more 
discussion.  Let's wait a week before you update the tracker to 
reflect the status of the issues.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy