Subject: [spfbis] I-D Action: draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 12:04:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the SPF Update Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use of Domains in Email, Version 1
	Author(s)       : Scott Kitterman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 56
	Date            : 2012-06-29

Abstract:
   E-mail on the Internet can be forged in a number of ways.  In
   particular, existing protocols place no restriction on what a sending
   host can use as the reverse-path of a message or the domain given on
   the SMTP HELO/EHLO commands.  This document describes version 1 of
   the Sender Policy Framework (SPF) protocol, whereby a domain can
   explicitly authorize the hosts that are allowed to use its domain
   name, and a receiving host can check such authorization.  This
   document obsoletes RFC4408.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-02

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-02

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 15:07:49 -0400

On Friday, June 29, 2012 12:04:43 PM [email-masked] wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the SPF Update Working Group of
> the IETF.
> 
>         Title           : Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use
> of Domains in Email, Version 1 Author(s)       : Scott Kitterman

Here's the revision log additions for this version:

	      Refer to RFC6647 to describe greylisting instead of trying to	
 	      describe it directly.	
 		
 	      Updated informative references to the current versions.	
 		
 	      Added definition for deprecated since there are questions.	
 		
 	      Start to rework section 9 with some RFC5598 terms.	
 		
 	      Added mention of RFC 6552 feedback reports in section 9.	
 		
 	      Added draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment as an informational reference.	
 		
 	      Initial draft of wording to deprecate Type SPF.	
 		
 	      Try and clarify informational nature of RFC3696

In particular, the changes for Type 99/SPF deprecation and the changes to 
section 9 to modernize it a bit and use terminology from the email 
architecture document should be reviewed.

Have a nice weekend.

Scott K