Subject: [spfbis] I-D Action: draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 14:03:50 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the SPF Update Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Resolution of The SPF and Sender ID Experiments
	Author(s)       : Murray S. Kucherawy
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-11.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-06-12

Abstract:
   In 2006 the IETF published a suite of protocol documents comprising
   SPF and Sender ID, two proposed email authentication protocols.  Both
   of these protocols enable one to publish via the Domain Name System a
   policy declaring which mail servers were authorized to send email on
   behalf of the domain name being queried.  There was concern that the
   two would conflict in some significant operational situations,
   interfering with message delivery.

   The IESG required the publication of all of these documents (RFC4405,
   RFC4406, RFC4407, and RFC4408) with Experimental status, and
   requested that the community observe deployment and operation of the
   protocols over a period of two years from the date of publication to
   determine a reasonable path forward.

   After six years, sufficient experience and evidence have been
   collected that the experiments thus created can be considered
   concluded.  This document presents those findings.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/submission.filename }}-11

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-spfbis-experiment-11

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 06:57:45 -0700

>   concluded.  This document presents those findings.
This just changes some wording about IANA procedures regarding RRTYPE
registration, at the request of IANA.

The document is now scheduled for the next IESG telechat.

-MSK