Subject: Re: [spfbis] #15: RFC 4408: Section 2.2 Requirement to check mail from

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 15:28:05 -0700

At 15:14 20-02-2012, spfbis issue tracker wrote:
>#15: RFC 4408: Section 2.2 Requirement to check mail from

 From Section 2.2 of draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-00:

    SPF clients MUST check the "MAIL FROM" identity if a completed "HELO"
    check.  SPF clients check has not reached a definitive policy result.
    The "MAIL FROM" identity by applying the check_host() function to the
    "MAIL FROM" identity as the <sender>

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

---

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 23:34:17 -0400

>     "MAIL FROM" identity as the <sender>

As mentioned earlier, I made a bit of a hash of this.  What I currently have 
locally is:

       SPF clients MUST check the "MAIL FROM" identity if a completed "HELO"
       check has not reached a definitive policy result by applying the
       check_host() function to the "MAIL FROM" identity as the
       <sender>.

Scott K