Subject: Re: [spfbis] #46: DNS reply in Section 5.7

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 22:43:03 -0700

At 18:25 26-08-2012, spfbis issue tracker wrote:
>#46: DNS reply in Section 5.7
>
>  Message posted by Arthur Thisell on 26 Aug 2012:
>
>  in section 5.7 (EXISTS), there news language saying "The query will either
>  return NXDOMAIN (no match), any valid answer (match), or an error."  What
>  happenss on an error?   I think this sentence is redundant and better
>  fixed by rewording text above it.
>
>  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/spfbis/current/msg02371.html

I am adding a pointer to another DNS related discussion ( 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/spfbis/current/msg01754.html ).

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

---

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 23:31:34 -0400

> >  fixed by rewording text above it.

Please recommend text.  This was added because it turns out at least one 
person thought match meant fail because the language describing exists 
compared it to a DNSBL and in DNSBLs a match is "bad", so it ought to be 
clarified somehow.

To answer the specific question is it depends on the error.  It'd be 
temperror/permerror depending on why it happened.

Scott K