Subject: Re: [spring] I-D Action: draft-previdi-spring-problem-statement-02.txt

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:23:07 -0700

Stefano,

> Hi Yakov,
> 
> On Apr 4, 2014, at 10:53 PM, Yakov Rekhter wrote:
> > Stefano,
> > 
> >> All,
> >> 
> >> this is the new version of the problem-statement draft incorporating 
> >> the latest comments.
> > 
> > Section 5.1.1.2 is clearly an improvement over what was in the
> > previous version, although some text is still problematic.
> > Specifically, "C only installs the path via AS2 in its RIB." If it
> > is the Adj-RIB-Out, then C wouldn't be able to advertise the path
> > via AS3 inside AS1 (as this path is not in the Adj-RIB-Out).  And
> > if it is the Loc-RIB, then the Adj-RIB-Out would have only the path
> > via AS2 (as the Adj-RIB-Out is populated from the Loc-RIB), and C
> > would not be able to advertise the path via AS3 inside AS1. Either
> > way, this would contradict the assumption that "C propagates all
> > the paths to Z within AS1 (add-path)."
> 
> 
> I'll address your BGP concerns on a separate thread.

The only problem with the text in 5.1.1.2 in the -02 version of the
draft is the following sentence "C only installs the path via AS2
in its RIB." To fix to this problem the sentence should say that
"C may install in its FIB only the route via AS2, or only the route
via AS3, or both." The rest of the text in 5.1.1.2 in the -02 version
is ok.

Instead, section 5.1.1.2 in the -03 version of the draft contains
completely different text, which brings up a whole bunch of new
questions.

To facilitate timely progress of this document I would suggest to
replace the new text in 5.1.1.2 with the text that was there in the
-02 version plus the fix I suggested above.

Yakov.

---

From: "Stefano Previdi (sprevidi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 10:12:52 +0000

Hi Yakov,

> -02 version plus the fix I suggested above.

if you feel your concerns were better addressed by the previous 
text (with your modification), I don't mind put it back so to 
make progress with the draft. I'll re-spin the draft tomorrow.

Happy Easter.

Thanks.
s.

---

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 14:28:40 -0700

Stefano,

> make progress with the draft. I'll re-spin the draft tomorrow.

That would be good. Thanks !

Yakov.