Subject: [spring] use case vs requirements

From: Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 11:54:50 -0700

Alvaro and John,

The SPRING WG charter asks for "One or more documents describing
SPRING use cases".

Give that, could you, as the SPRING WG co-chairs, comment on whether
the SPRING use cases document(s) should cover just the use cases, or
should also include the SPRING architecture requirements.

Yakov.

---

From: Robert Raszuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 21:16:16 +0200

Hi Yakov,

As a WG member not a chair I would like to ask for your clarification.

Let's take some other IETF's WG use case document namely LISP Traffic
Engineering Use Cases document:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farinacci-lisp-te-06

It covers LISP TE Use Cases using natural language of LISP architecture.

Likewise SPRING use cases documents should describe use cases using SPRING
architecture not be completely detached from SPRING WG charter and focus.

Otherwise they may belong at best in RTGWG not in SPRING WG.

Regards,
R.

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 8:54 PM, Yakov Rekhter <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> spring mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spring
>

---

From: "Stefano Previdi (sprevidi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 10:39:33 +0000

Hi Yakov,

I this stage of the process, I don't see why we would need to split 
the problem-statement draft so I'd strongly suggest to keep the 
document as it is (with all comments being addressed) and move on,
knowing the support the WG already gave on this draft.

Thanks.
s.