Subject: [spring] Segment Routing Drafts

From: "Stefano Previdi (sprevidi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 09:00:35 +0000

Dear WG members and co-chairs,

after the adoption of draft-ietf-spring-problem-statement I'd like to submit 
to your consideration the following documents that has been presented already 
at multiple occasions (IETF87, IETF88 and IETF89):

1. http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing-use-cases-00
The WG already expressed consensus and support to the document during IETF88 but
its adoption to WG item has been deferred due to the work on the problem 
statement draft. 

2. http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing-01
This document is the base description of the SR technology and terminology. It 
has updated to the latest state of the agreement on SR from all the co-authors 
(vendors and operators). The draft has been simplified and focuses on the 
SR terminology and applicability to existing dataplanes. It clearly describes 
how SR fits within the MPLS architecture and IPv6 architecture.

3. http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing-mpls-01
The document describes the instantiation of SR on the MPLS dataplane. The 
draft has been updated with some illustration examples so to show how SR 
operates on top of MPLS and how MPLS dataplane is used "as is", i.e., without 
any modification.

4. http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing-ldp-interop-01
This document describes the interoperability between SR and LDP in order to 
ease gradual deployments and co-existence between SR and legacy LDP control 
plane.

5. http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-francois-spring-segment-routing-ti-lfa-00
This document outlines the SR solution for a Topology Independent LFA strategy.
It addresses the use case and requirement described in 
draft-ietf-spring-resiliency-use-cases-00

As a reminder, Segment Routing protocol extensions are described in:
. http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-extensions-00
 WG Item in ISIS working group
. http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-psenak-ospf-segment-routing-extensions-04
 http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-psenak-ospf-segment-routing-ospfv3-extension-01
 in OSPF working group
. http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sivabalan-pce-segment-routing-02
 in PCE working group

The scope of this email is to bring these documents to your attention in order 
to validate the consensus and support the authors require prior to request 
their adoption as WG items to the WG-chairs.

Thanks.
s.