Subject: Re: [spring] IPR Claims related to draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing

From: "Stefano Previdi (sprevidi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 15:26:24 +0000

IPR is in the process of being disclosed.

Thanks.
s.

On Sep 24, 2014, at 3:03 PM, Alvaro Retana (aretana) wrote:

> Hi!
> 
> In parallel to the WG Adoption Call for this draft, I want to formally ask the authors (no additional contributors are listed in the latest version of the draft) to please respond to this message indicating whether or not you are aware of any relevant IPR beyond what has been already disclosed.  The draft will not progress (pending the results of the WG Adoption Call) until we have received a response from each author.
> 
> http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/search/?option=document_search&id=draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> Alvaro.

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 11:46:15 -0400

Alvaro et al,

Had I seen Stefano's email prior to completing my QA review for this draft,
I would have included that WG adoption should wait until after the WG has
had a chance to review the disclosure.

Thanks,
Andy

On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Stefano Previdi (sprevidi) <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> > In parallel to the WG Adoption Call for this draft, I want to formally
> ask the authors (no additional contributors are listed in the latest
> version of the draft) to please respond to this message indicating whether
> or not you are aware of any relevant IPR beyond what has been already
> disclosed.  The draft will not progress (pending the results of the WG
> Adoption Call) until we have received a response from each author.
> >
> >
> _______________________________________________
> spring mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spring
>

---

From: "Stefano Previdi (sprevidi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 15:52:08 +0000

Hi Andrew,

thanks for the review, I will address all your comments.

Regarding ipr, I hope the disclosure will happen very soon. 

Unfortunately (well, not really) I don't own the process but I'll do my best to speed it up.

Thanks.
s.

On Oct 7, 2014, at 5:46 PM, Andrew G. Malis wrote:

> Alvaro et al,
> 
> Had I seen Stefano's email prior to completing my QA review for this draft, I would have included that WG adoption should wait until after the WG has had a chance to review the disclosure.
> 
> Thanks,
> Andy
> 
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 11:26 AM, Stefano Previdi (sprevidi) <[email-masked]> wrote:

---

From: "Alvaro Retana (aretana)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 20:23:46 +0000

>IPR is in the process of being disclosed.

The IPR was filed on Oct/7, but it was done against
draft-filsfils-rtgwg-segment-routing, which is the precursor of this
draft.  The filing is ok, it just took me a while to find it.

For the WG reference:  http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2457/

Authors:  We still haven¹t received an explicit answer form Clarence,
Ahmed, Stephane, Igor, Wim and Ed.  [Note that some of you may have
replied for draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing-mpls..]  It would be
very nice if we can close on this requirement by Oct/23 so (if adopted) we
have time to publish the WG-titled document before the deadline.

Thanks!

Alvaro.

---

From: "Henderickx, Wim (Wim)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 07:01:29 +0000

I am not aware of any other IPR related to this draft

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2014 21:18:09 +0200

Alvaro,

Not to be a pain about this, but I just did a comparison between
draft-filsfils-rtgwg-segment-routing-01.txt
and draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing-04.txt, and the changes are quite
impressive, a great majority of the text in the older draft is either
missing or changed in the newer draft. You can see for yourself by clicking
on http://tinyurl.com/q2ykstg . I would appreciate it if the patent holder
could update their declaration to the current draft, or publicly state
whether or not the declaration still applies to
draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing-04 .

Thanks,
Andy

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 10:23 PM, Alvaro Retana (aretana) <[email-masked]

---

From: Clarence Filsfils <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 10:48:47 +0200

Alvaro,

I am not aware of any other IPR.

Cheers,
Clarence

---

From: "Stefano Previdi (sprevidi)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 10:09:47 +0000

Hi Andrew, All,

the IPR disclosed are related to the content of both documents:
draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing-04.txt
draft-filsfils-rtgwg-segment-routing-01.txt

Should we re-issue an IPR disclosure ?

s.

On Oct 18, 2014, at 9:18 PM, Andrew G. Malis wrote:

> Alvaro,
> 
> Not to be a pain about this, but I just did a comparison between draft-filsfils-rtgwg-segment-routing-01.txt and draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing-04.txt, and the changes are quite impressive, a great majority of the text in the older draft is either missing or changed in the newer draft. You can see for yourself by clicking on http://tinyurl.com/q2ykstg . I would appreciate it if the patent holder could update their declaration to the current draft, or publicly state whether or not the declaration still applies to draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing-04 .
> 
> Thanks,
> Andy
> 
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 10:23 PM, Alvaro Retana (aretana) <[email-masked]> wrote:

---

From: "Andrew G. Malis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 15:20:16 +0200

Stefano,

Thanks for the affirmative statement, that's all that I was looking for.
You may wish to update the official IPR disclosure just in case the
question arises again, for example during IESG review.

Thanks,
Andy

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 12:09 PM, Stefano Previdi (sprevidi) <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> draft-filsfils-rtgwg-segment-routing-01.txt and
> draft-filsfils-spring-segment-routing-04.txt, and the changes are quite
> on http://tinyurl.com/q2ykstg . I would appreciate it if the patent
> holder could update their declaration to the current draft, or publicly
> state whether or not the declaration still applies to