Subject: [spring] I-D Action: draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 06:34:57 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Source Packet Routing in Networking Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Segment Routing Architecture
        Authors         : Clarence Filsfils
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Ahmed Bashandy
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Stephane Litkowski
                          Martin Horneffer
                          Rob Shakir
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Edward Crabbe
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-00.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2014-11-25

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) leverages the source routing paradigm.  A node
   steers a packet through an ordered list of instructions, called
   segments.  A segment can represent any instruction, topological or
   service-based.  A segment can have a local semantic to an SR node or
   global within an SR domain.  SR allows to enforce a flow through any
   topological path and service chain while maintaining per-flow state
   only at the ingress node to the SR domain.

   Segment Routing can be directly applied to the MPLS architecture with
   no change on the forwarding plane.  A segment is encoded as an MPLS
   label.  An ordered list of segments is encoded as a stack of labels.
   The segment to process is on the top of the stack.  Upon completion
   of a segment, the related label is popped from the stack.

   Segment Routing can be applied to the IPv6 architecture, with a new
   type of routing extension header.  A segment is encoded as an IPv6
   address.  An ordered list of segments is encoded as an ordered list
   of IPv6 addresses in the routing extension header.  The segment to
   process is indicated by a pointer in the routing extension header.
   Upon completion of a segment, the pointer is incremented.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/