Subject: [spring] I-D Action: draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 06:37:30 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Source Packet Routing in Networking Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Segment Routing with MPLS data plane
        Authors         : Clarence Filsfils
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Ahmed Bashandy
                          Bruno Decraene
                          Stephane Litkowski
                          Martin Horneffer
                          Rob Shakir
                          Jeff Tantsura
                          Edward Crabbe
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2014-11-25

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) leverages the source routing paradigm.  A node
   steers a packet through a controlled set of instructions, called
   segments, by prepending the packet with an SR header.  A segment can
   represent any instruction, topological or service-based.  SR allows
   to enforce a flow through any topological path and service chain
   while maintaining per-flow state only at the ingress node to the SR
   domain.

   Segment Routing can be directly applied to the MPLS architecture with
   no change in the forwarding plane.  This drafts describes how Segment
   Routing operates on top of the MPLS data plane.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/