Subject: [spring] I-D Action: draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-central-epe-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 00:45:04 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Source Packet Routing in Networking Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Segment Routing Centralized Egress Peer Engineering
        Authors         : Clarence Filsfils
                          Stefano Previdi
                          Ebben Aries
                          Daniel Ginsburg
                          Dmitry Afanasiev
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-central-epe-00.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2015-10-14

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) leverages source routing.  A node steers a
   packet through a controlled set of instructions, called segments, by
   prepending the packet with an SR header.  A segment can represent any
   instruction topological or service-based.  SR allows to enforce a
   flow through any topological path and service chain while maintaining
   per-flow state only at the ingress node of the SR domain.

   The Segment Routing architecture can be directly applied to the MPLS
   dataplane with no change on the forwarding plane.  It requires minor
   extension to the existing link-state routing protocols.

   This document illustrates the application of Segment Routing to solve
   the Egress Peer Engineering (EPE) requirement.  The SR-based EPE
   solution allows a centralized (SDN) controller to program any egress
   peer policy at ingress border routers or at hosts within the domain.
   This document is on the informational track.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-central-epe/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-central-epe-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/