Subject: [spring] Benoit Claise's Discuss on draft-ietf-spring-problem-statement-06: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: "Benoit Claise" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 14:55:24 -0800

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-spring-problem-statement-06: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-problem-statement/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like to discuss this point with the responsible area director
during the telechat. No action from the authors is required on this point
at this point. The manageability considerations section is a direct
cut/paste from a charter (i.e. minimal effort) + two informative
references to drafts, not even WG docs. What are we suppose to conclude
from this, in terms of manageability requirements?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

-
It seems to me that, when speaking of SPRING, people speaks of Segment
Routing.
The section title 3.3.1.2.2. is "SDN/SR use-case" btw.
Why not mention it somewhere in the doc, for this first SPRING document?
"SPRING is also known as Segment Routing"

-
   The SPRING architecture SHOULD support traffic engineering,
   including:

To be consistent with the two previous use cases, I guess you want

   The SPRING architecture SHOULD support the following traffic
engineering,
   requirements:

Otherwise, it seems that TE is an optional use case, which somehow
contradicts: 

   In this context, Source Packet Routing in Networking (SPRING)
   architecture is being defined in order to address the use cases and
   requirements described in this document.